Employer: Calpine Corporation
Job Summary: (including but not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned):
Performs pipeline, structural and mechanical maintenance on plant and steam field equipment to support optimum efficiency and availability. Works call-outs as required to maintain plant availability. Performs maintenance activities around the repair, replacement, installation and removal of mechanical equipment and associated structures.
Responsibilities include inspecting and verifying maintenance clearances prior to work, troubleshooting, disassembling, reassembling, and replacing equipment and associated parts. Performs fabrication, fit up and welding of carbon and stainless steel piping and structural components. Some mechanical maintenance required when the need arises. Assists with planning and spare parts inventory including following procedures around requisitioning of parts and supplies. Prepares all reports as directed by management and plant procedures. Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal regulations and plant procedures. Maintains safe work environment and contributes to operating procedures to ensure consistent and safe operations.
• High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent.
• Journey-level; generally 6+ years directly related experience including understanding of health and safety regulations, and previous experience working with and around hazardous energy, chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling, storage, and transport.
• Requires basic knowledge of physics and applied mathematics to facilitate understanding of cogeneration power plant systems such as turbines, generators, pumps, motors, shaft-to-shaft alignment, seal times, and valves.
• Skills may be in the areas of mechanical, instrumentation and control and/or electrical maintenance.
• Must have welding skills and previously passed and/or ability to pass a 6G welding certification for carbon and stainless steel piping.
• Basic certifications/licenses. Valid state driver’s license.
Please apply through the following link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/CAL1005/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3909&__jbsrc=
Calpine requires an individual who is newly hired into this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 within the first 28 days of employment - if not already vaccinated prior to starting employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Calpine’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Calpine does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Contact Person: Erin Lee
Location: Middletown, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903