Job ID: 30432
Service line: GWS Segment
Role type: Full-time
Areas of Interest: Engineering/Maintenance
Location(s): Council Bluffs - Iowa - United States of America
Job Description -
CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN:
CBRE’s Global Workplace Solution organization is looking for skilled and passionate Control Systems Technicians to join our growing team as we work to power one of the world’s largest online retailers!
We offer competitive pay, benefits packages, wellness programs, and an inclusive, collaborative working environment. Additionally, you will be a part of a global network of professionals supporting client operations across CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions organization where you will have opportunities for career advancement and skill development.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Control Systems Technician, you will focus on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment (MHE) such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply labeling systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets. You will have the opportunity to work within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment. In addition to developing your skills, you will mentor junior technicians to grow in their roles.
If you do not have experience that meets the qualifications, apply anyway! We want to get to know you and might have a role open that is a better fit!
· Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures.
· Manage material handling control systems, industrial, motor control systems, servo and frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
· Monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner with controls technicians and Mechanics to resolve equipment electrical problems that create performance deficiencies.
· Utilize operation system assessment reports to improve material handling system reliability through preventive maintenance tasks completion and identify deficiency repairs.
· Maintain positive working relationships with operations and site support resources in order to escalate issues that impact operations, minimizing downtime impact.
· Communicate technical issues to site and operations leadership.
· Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
· High school or equivalent diploma.
· 2+ years of experience working with Motor Controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components).
· 2+ years of experience working with repair of control network components.
· 1+ years of experience working with HMI components.
· 1+ years of experience working with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs.
· 1+ years of experience working with Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting.
· Associate’s degree in Electronic Technology (or similar).
· 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in Control Systems troubleshooting/ programming.
· Experience supporting a range of different conveyors and sortation systems.
· Project Management experience with the ability to train others.
· Experience with robotic maintenance.
· Experience with AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC’s and PLC components.
· Experience with SCADA systems and KPI’s.
CBRE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
· Highly competitive base pay and retirement program.
· Comprehensive medical, dental, and disAbility benefits programs.
· Health and wellness programs.
· An inclusive culture that prioritizes employee growth, skill development, and career advancement.
ABOUT CBRE GLOBAL WORKPLACE SOLUTIONS:
Grounded in our mission to provide world-class service to clients around the globe, we believe that every place of work can be a competitive advantage for our clients. Productivity, reliability, engagement, safety, and brand – the workplace enables business results.
Location: Council Bluffs - Iowa
Application Method: Online: https://careers.cbre.com/en_US/careers/JobDetail/Controls-Technician/30432
Base Pay: DOQ
2011 W. Washington Ave
Yakima, WA 98903