Employer: Habitat for Humanity
YAKIMA VALLEY PARTNERS HABITAT FOR HUMANITY JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Executive Director
Description: The role of this position is to manage all areas of affiliate finances and provide administrative support to staff and the Executive Director.
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly at 40 hours per week
• Manage bookkeeping functions of the affiliate (preparing payments, paying bills, tracking unpaid invoices, processing donations etc.). Maintain all aspects of AR/AP.
• Collect, record and deposit all monetary and in-kind donations, payments, Store Sales and other revenue.
• Performs timely reconciliation of store sales, credit cards, and all bank accounts.
• Assist ED and Treasurer in preparation of monthly and other financial reports.
• File sales taxes, B&O Taxes, and any other tax requirements.
• Handle sponsor correspondence and monitor sponsor payments.
• Petty cash reconciliation.
• Assist in preparation of year-end tax documents (W-2s, 1099s, etc.).
• Maintains Mortgage and Escrow account payments and balances in both Quick Books and Key Stone.
• Purchasing – Manage supplies for the organization.
• Maintains electronic files to support all financial activities.
2. Family Services
• Maintains Mortgage records
• Assist with documenting Home Sales, and tracks Mortgages and Silent Seconds.
• Report payment history to credit agency run by YVPHFH.
3. Outreach and Fundraising
• Support home build initiatives such as the Women’s Build, YouthBuild, & Work Camps.
• Support Income Development activities such as the Annual fundraiser & Special Events.
• Maintain donation and mailing list databases.
• Manage Funding Requirements for awarded grants.
4. Other Duties as Required or Requested
• Support Construction, HomeBuild Program, and Store Management.
• Manage key licenses for affiliate.
• Manages and Enrolls employee benefits programs.
• Keep work areas clean and professional looking.
• Any other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Required Skills / Experience / Physical Requirements
• Knowledge and experience with QuickBooks, A/P & A/R is required
• Knowledge of construction/contracting industry is preferred.
• Team building a real plus.
• Should have a Christ-centered approach to leadership.
• Must be a good listener and be able to engage in well-considered discussions.
• Must have good anticipatory abilities and personally act on same as need arises.
• Must be willing to understand the big picture of the YVPHFH ministry.
• Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
• Applicant must be organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong written communication skills
• Computer knowledge are important.
Interactions: Employee interacts with others to exchange information, discover opinions, ideas and concerns, as well as resolve moderately complex problems in accordance with established policies and procedures without close supervision.
Budget/Financial Level/Stewardship and Financial Discretion: Financial transactions are governed by policy, procedures, and budget. This position does not have any authority to make financial commitments or obligations for the organization. Discretion should be exercised when organizational finances may be affected.
Working Conditions: Normal Office Environment. Normal work week is 40 hours and may include some Saturdays.
Planning & Leadership Impact: The position is responsible for communicating, evaluating and achieving an operating plan for a defined function and contributes to the strategic planning process of the organization. Position assesses needs, challenges, problems, and opportunities in the field of work, assesses trends, best practices, and new techniques in the field of work, suggests and helps to develop processes, programs and resources to achieve goals of the work. Position exercises leadership by performing the work of the position in accordance with Christian values and professional standards, sets the example of professional development, growth and learning, new skills and accountabilities, motivating others to achieve more, to change, to grow and improve, evaluates performance, processes, achievements and goals.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: email resume to Meloney@yakimahabitat.org
Base Pay: $20-$23/hr