Employer: Alta Forest Products
Reports To: Electrical Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Alta Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer. It considers all applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, disability, marital status, familial status, age, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
• Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceilings, and flooring.
• Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit.
• Pulls wiring through conduit.
• Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
• Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
• Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
• Connects power cables to equipment, such as electric range or motor, and installs grounding leads.
• Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
• Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
• Cuts and welds steel structural members.
• PLC programming.
• Troubleshoots electrical issues or ways to improve mill functionality.
• Performs preventative maintenance on mill equipment to keep it in optimum condition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Minimal computer skills needed.
Contact Person: Brian Wamsley
Location: Morton, WA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: 30.06