Employer: PNW Veg Co/Quincy Foods
SUMMARY: This position provides assistance with specialized fabrication and assembling needs for the maintenance department in order to maintain equipment and create efficiencies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricate metal structures and process piping; adjust and assemble equipment from raw materials.
- Make modifications and perform upkeep on existing equipment.
- Assist with line designs and comment on proposed changes and equipment.
- Perform a full range complex skilled welding and fabricating duties, fabricate and repair industrial equipment, and perform other technical maintenance duties. Working with various types of materials, i.e. mild steel, aluminum, stainless steel.
- Operate and maintain metal fabrication equipment and tools.
- Review plant equipment needs with maintenance crew and management.
- Perform a full range of complex layout, assembly, and precise installation for new and used equipment.
- Repair, overhaul, fabricate, disassemble, re-assemble, and move equipment in and out of the plant.
- Create estimates and requisitions for necessary materials or parts for projects.
- Assist maintenance and production personnel in problem solving activities.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Attend seminars, workshops and classes on maintenance related subjects and teach others.
- Keep legible, detailed, and accurate records and logs.
- Load/unload parts and machinery as instructed.
- Minimize downtime by utilizing skills to create operational efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate's degree or equivalent certifications, military training or technical school; one to three year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Read and interpret blueprints, P&I diagram, manuals and sketches.
- Have and maintain welding skills, to include GTAW, GMAW, FCAW, and SMAW.
- Must be able to set up welder current, amperage, and select proper gas and gas flow to specified settings.
- Must be able to select electrode type, set tips, and weld to specifications to obtain proper penetration, fusion, and strength.
- Have and maintain good Cutting and Bending skills, to include but not limited to: hand power cutting tools, hydraulic shear, power band saw, iron worker, press drills, hydraulic press brake, using Oxyacetylene cutting and heating process. Up to 3 years of hands on experience.
- Have and maintain proficient plumbing skills included but not limited to: creating new or rerouting pipe runs, design and install PVC pipe runs, perform steel pipe runs by welding or threading, isometric sketches, power and non-powered threading tools and machines.
- Must be able to operate man lifts, scissor lifts, aerial lifts, tele handler equipment, and forklifts.
- Furnish own personal hand tools and keep clean and in good repair.
- Good working knowledge of processing equipment and maintenance procedures.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the areas of basic mechanics, hydraulics, control valves, pneumatics, schematic diagrams, maintenance, electrical components including solid state controls, motor power, control wiring, and basic process control.
- Ability to read and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with close supervision. Ability to work overtime/weekends and rotate shifts, as assigned.
- Obtain and possess a current Forklift Certification.
- Work safely at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor.
- Speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
- Maintain a good attendance record.
- Follow company’s respectful workplace policy.
- Follow all GMP guidelines, company rules, policies, and procedures.
- Sit, bend, crawl, twist, balance, stand, squat, climb stairs/ladders, crouch, walk (possibly on uneven grounds), kneel, stoop, push, and pull.
- Push and pull at various heights.
- Reach from waist to shoulder heights frequently.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Have good vision and hearing.
- Work in hot, cold and noisy environments, inside and outside.
- Work above and below floor levels.
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electric shock; and vibration.
- May occasionally work in narrow passageways and at protected heights.
- Frequently work on wet/slippery floors.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: PNW Veg Co., LLC dba Quincy Foods is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, E-Verify employer. Employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law.
- $27.37 to $27.47 /hour
- Fabrication: 1 year (Required)
- Associate (Required)
- Wenatchee, WA (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shift
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Application Method: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?cmp=PNW-Veg-Co.%2C-dba-Quincy-Foods&from=iaBackPress&jk=71c201a08ae6ba2b&q=welder&t=Welder%20Fabricator&vjs=3
Base Pay: $27.37-$27.47/hr