Instrumentation and Controls Technician - (BI 0009ND)
Jacobs is seeking an Instrumentation and Controls Technician to join our team in Renton, WA. In this position you will perform maintenance, repair and calibration on a variety of water treatment plant equipment, instruments and control systems, including but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interprets and works from blueprints, drawings, sketches, plans, O&M manuals and technical documents.
• Installs and repairs equipment based on instructions, specifications, wiring diagrams and codes.
• Calibrates, repairs and maintains instrumentation such as flow meters, level indicators, pressure transducers and temperature gauges.
• Calibrates, repairs and maintains water quality instruments such as chlorine residual analyzers, pH meters and turbidimeters.
• Calibrates, repairs and maintains chemical feed systems including pumps, tanks and diffusers.
• Inspects, repairs and maintains mechanical equipment such as compressors, pumps, motors, UV reactors and ozone generators.
• Performs a variety of plumbing and pipefitting tasks including the install and repair of piping, fittings and valves.
• Inspects, repairs and maintains electrical and/or electro-mechanical operating and control systems, equipment and fixtures.
• Inspects, repairs and maintains wiring and lighting systems, electrical control equipment, meters, outlets and panels.
• Performs building and grounds maintenance including pressure washing, painting, mowing and brush removal.
• Operates and uses a variety of power and hand tools including saws, drills, grinders and presses.
• Establishes and maintains calibration schedules and preventative maintenance programs for plant equipment.
• Establishes maintenance procedures, identifies job hazards and performs work in a safe manner.
• Maintains record keeping associated with all repairs and modifications, and documents work performed in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Directs and oversees the work of subcontractors.
• Specifies, locates and orders repair and replacement parts and equipment.
• Follows oral and written instructions.
• Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
• Performs other duties as required.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper safety attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to service equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 40 pounds from floor level to waist height, push a push-type mower; wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
• Four (4) years of experience in the maintenance, repair and calibration of instrumentation and equipment.
• Possess a valid driver’s license with no major infractions.
• Basic computer skills including the ability to perform data entry and create computer reports.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Two-year degree in Instrumentation/Industrial Automation, Water/Wastewater Technology, Industrial Maintenance/Mechanics or related fields.
• Three years of experience in a lead position as an Instrument & Control Technician in a water or wastewater treatment facility.
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and instruments used in the maintenance, repair and calibration of electrical and electronic control systems.
• Knowledge of water treatment principles, processes and equipment.
• Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and tools used in the repair and operation of engines, pumps, valves and other mechanical equipment related to water treatment.
• Knowledge of computers and computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as Maintenance Connection.
• Knowledge of programmable logic controllers and SCADA systems.
• Preference given to candidates who possess a valid Washington State Water Treatment Operator’s Certification.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Renton-US WA Renton - Old Petrovitsky
Job Posting: Jan 27, 2020, 1:23:40 PM
Job: Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Work Locations: US WA Renton - Old Petrovitsky 16207 S.E. Old Petrovitsky Renton 98058
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities,resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing,turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force ofapproximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientificand project delivery for the government and private sector.
Location: Renton, WA
Application Method: Online: https://jacobs.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=BI%200009ND&Src=JB-10150&src=Indeed
Base Pay: DOQ