Are you looking to make a change in your career? If so, Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a self-motivated and knowledgeable Electrical and Instrumentation Technician at our Tacoma, WA Gypsum facility. E&I Technicians are required to have a thorough understanding of safe work practices and troubleshooting and maintenance of manufacturing equipment. If you think this is the perfect job for you, read below on details to apply!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Adhering to all plant safetyand environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
• Executing preventative andcorrective maintenance work orders
• Properly documenting activitiesas to actual work done, parts used, etc. in MP2 (CMS)
• Assisting in improving PMprocedures by participating in procedure audits and reviews, recommendingPM changes based on personal observations, etc.
• Troubleshooting, calibrating,replacing, and installing instrumentation components
• Ensuring all electrical andmechanical work meets established codes and standards
• Responding to, troubleshooting and diagnosing emergencies or breakdowns with production equipment
What You Will Need:
Basic Qualifications:•One or more of the following:
• Three (3) years of electricaland/or instrumentation experience in a manufacturing or industrialenvironment
• Two (2) year degree or higherin Electrical/Electronic or Industrial Technology
• Experience working withcomputers for record-keeping and documentation functions
• Experience troubleshootingPLC’s
• Experience in working with andtroubleshooting electrical systems that use up to 480V, 3 Phase
• Experience installing,troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating electrical/mechanical equipment
• Willing and able to be trainedin the use of PLC programming and software
• Willing and able to work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime
What Will Put You Ahead?
Preferred Qualifications:•Five (5) years or more ofindustrial experience in the electrical and/or electronics field
• Experience working with PLC’s,RSLogix5000, RSLinx and Siemens S7
• Experience working withvariable frequency drives and servo drives
• Experience in the electricaland/or electronics field in a manufacturing setting
• Experience working withpneumatic systems
• Experience with systemsintegration i.e.: DCS, PLC, HMI, Instrumentation, Networking,Communication and Power Distribution
• Experience reading technicaldrawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics
• Knowledge of National ElectricCode (NEC), NFPA 70e Arc Flash Standard
• Experience troubleshootingbearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors and other mechanicalequipment
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Location: Tacoma, WA
Application Method: Online: https://kochcareers.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/electrical-and-instrumentation-technician-37438?src=JB-13440
Base Pay: DOQ