Employer: Siltronic Corporation
Essential responsibility for installation, diagnosis, repair, usage of the Preventative Maintenance Program to minimize production downtime for mechanical, electrical, electronic equipment, associated internal building utilities, and related systems. These include but are not limited to pneumatic, vacuum, electrical, electronic, chemical, instrumentation, and programmable logic controls.
1. Demonstrated ability to apply logical thought processes to effectively carry out verbal and written instruction.
2. Ability to effectively apply acquired knowledge and skills in order to troubleshoot, maximize the utilization, and effectiveness of equipment and systems.
3. Ability to logically deal with multiple job tasks and determine priority.
4. Where to order parts and what parts to order and be able to fabricate parts for unusual requests as needed.
Essential Function/Major Responsibilities:
1. Utilize skills in electrical, and electronics to install, modify, assemble, and maintain equipment and associated supply systems.
2. Accomplish tasks by effectively connecting, routing, and assembling internal / external systems and components including but not limited to pneumatic, electrical, electronic, programmable logic controls and chemical.
3. Analyze equipment or system to determine malfunction. Decide on proper repair action. Completes repairs by removing, repairing, and replacing all necessary components of the equipment or system. Discuss findings with area operators, leadership, engineers, and other technicians as needed to find immediate and long-term solutions.
4. Effectively maintain all records of repairs, calibrations, tests, preventative maintenance, spare parts, and procedures.
5. Effectively maintain proficiency in the following skills: pneumatics, electrical, electronics, and programmable logic systems.
6. Demonstrates effective housekeeping in the area of work and shop.
7. Observes all safety rules and regulations.
8. Acquire and maintain the necessary State / Federal licenses / certificates as needed for certain job tasks.
9. Participates in and completes training as prescribed by corporate requirements and the immediate leadership.
10. Assist in analysis, repair and preventative maintenance.
1. Post Secondary, Certification in Industrial Instrumentation/Controls or Equivalent work experience.
2. Proof of course completion from an accredited college or home study training such as ITT or vendor seminars in the following areas will be considered as equivalent education in lieu of a degree. (Pneumatic, vacuum, electronics, programmable logic controllers, electricity, drafting, steam, boilers, mathematics, and English.)
3. Minimum 1 – 2 years as a maintenance technician in a related industry or manufacturing environment, and the completion of, or attendance in, accredited Technical training.
4. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, instructions, operating, procedure, blueprints, and maintenance manuals.
5. Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
6. Ability to communicate verbally and written with individuals / groups of both internal and external customers.
7. To interpret, with assistance, engineering drawings, sketches, and documents.
8. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using Metric & English whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Also ability to compute ratio, percentage, and to draw and interpret graphs and charts.
9. Proficiency in the above basic math and familiar with algebra.
10. Proficiency with computer and software programs such as, Word, Excel, SAP, etc.
11. Ability to work with people from different ethnic backgrounds individually and in a team environment.
12. Regularly required to walk, use hands and fingers to handle, feel objects, tools, controls. To use hands and arms to reach.
13. Frequently required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, and wear cleanroom attire. Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, and wear protective gear and / or breathing devices.
14. Ability to lift and / or move, by pushing or pulling, regularly up to 10 pounds, frequently up to 25 pounds, and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
15. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
16. Working Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. Occasionally exposed to toxic, acidic or caustic chemicals, wet and / or humid conditions. The noise level is usually moderate but can occasionally be at a high level. Frequently required to perform work in a cleanroom environment.
17. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
18. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Job Type: Full-time
•maintenance technician: 1 year (Required)
•High school or equivalent (Required)
•Paid time off
•Professional development assistance
Location: Portland, OR
Application Method: Online: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Instrumentation&l=Portland%2C%20OR&aceid&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI04zhsYzI5wIVsxx9Ch37CA0zEAAYASAAEgIzkfD_BwE&advn=8812662278856238&vjk=6e9036760221634d
Base Pay: DOQ