Employer: Alaskan Copper Works
Date Opened: January 29, 2020
Closing Date: February 12, 2020
Job Titles: Fabrication Welder/Assoc. Fabrication Welder
Pay Rate: Depends on experience. Premium for swing shift.
Hours of Work: First Shift- 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Second Shift- 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Location: 3405 6th Avenue So., Seattle, WA 98134
Representation: After 30 days required to become a dues paying or financial core member of International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Local Union No. 104.
Weld or burn metal required for fabrication and assembly work. Tack and/or weld component parts for spooling or tank fabrication. Cut holes in pipe to specifications after lay-out by fitters.
Requirements to be considered for position:
1. Application must be filled out completely by the Applicant.
2. Meet all of the Required Essential Job Skills/Experience.
3. Must be able to work any shift.
4. Work overtime when required.
5. Willing to comply with company rules and policies.
6. Pass pre-employment drug screen.
Required Essential Job Skills/Experience:
1. Accurately read tape measure to 1/16".
2. Able to read welding symbols.
3. Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
4. Completed welding training program, able to do MIG and TIG welding, and pass welding test.
5. Able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds occasionally and 51-100 pounds rarely.
Required Essential Duties/Functions:
1. Weld pipe/fittings, tanks, and heat exchangers.
Desirable Job Skills/Experience:
1. Able to operate lift truck and pendant operated overhead crane.
Note: Applicants with less than two years experience in MIG welding and less than 1 year in TIG/Heliarc welding or an applicant who meets the qualifications listed in #4 above but whose welding skills are a little weak may be considered for the Associated Fabrication Welder position.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: https://alaskan-copper-and-brass.breezy.hr/p/7416c08bb0c8
Base Pay: DOE