Employer: PACCAR Technical Center
Job Title: Diesel Inspection Technician
The PACCAR Technical Center is seeking candidates for a challenging and dynamic role in our engine failure analysis lab. The desired candidate will have diesel engine experience in trouble shooting and diagnoses of failed components and engines. Failure analysis requires high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. This position involves hands on tear down, measurements, photography documentation, and reporting.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities:
• Heavy duty diesel engine failure analysis and root-cause determination
• Maintain detailed Inspection records, documentation and presentations
• Photography of engines and components for documentation and reporting
• Material logistics: inventory, packing and shipping engines and engine components
• Regular reporting, presentations and meetings
• Work closely with engineering staff with inspection findings and projects
• Keep abreast of new engine and troubleshooting technologies, recommend continuous improvements
• Maintain the highest level of work area safety, cleanliness and organization
• Work flow evaluation and job prioritization
Required Qualifications and Skills
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working with Diesel engines and engine electronics
• Good computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite- Excel, Power Point
• High attention to detail, organization and thoroughness
• Excellent mechanical aptitude
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment to achieve common goals
• Proficient in troubleshooting complex mechanical and electronic engine systems
• Experience with cameras and photograpy
Associates in technical Arts degree in Diesel Power Technology or equivalent experience
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to this position please visit our career page at https://www.paccar.com/careers
We are located at:
PACCAR Technical Center
12479 Farm to Market Road
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Contact Person: Marika Kutsan
Location: Mt. Vernon, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ