Employer: PACCAR Technical Center
Job Title: Engine Test Technician – 3rd Shift
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The 3rd shift Engine Test Technician will work at PACCAR’s Engine Test Laboratory (ETL) in Mount Vernon, Washington. Key responsibilities in the ETL include preparing engines for testing, configuring test cell and measurement equipment, performing engine tests.
The Engine Test Technician will work at PACCAR’s Engine Test Laboratory (ETL) in Mount Vernon, Washington. Key responsibilities in the ETL include preparing engines for testing, configuring test cell and measurement equipment, performing engine tests, and summarizing results.
Job Functions / Responsibilities:
• Conduct tests on heavy duty diesel engines using a dynamometer cell and test automation software
• Follow technical instructions and work closely with engineering staff to assure engines are performing as requested during testing
• Prepare engines for dynamometer cell testing, including replacing components and installing measurement instrumentation
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair test engines
• Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair engine test cell equipment
• Support maximum test cell utilization and downtime reduction
• Maintain detailed electronic records and project documentation
• Maintain the highest level of work area safety, cleanliness and organization
• Keep abreast of new engine and testing technologies, recommend continuous improvements
• Perform duties safely and efficiently with minimal supervision
• 5 years experience working with engines and engine electronics preferred
• Proficient in troubleshooting complex mechanical and electronic engine systems
• Must demonstrate independent creativity based on technical theory to solve challenges for which routine solutions are not available
• High attention to detail, organization and thoroughness
• Excellent mechanical aptitude
• Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office and Data Acquisition software proficiency desired
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment to achieve common goals
• Flexibility, initiative and the willingness to respond to shifting time and project demands
Associate of Technical Arts Degree in Diesel Power Technology or equivalent degree
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to this position please visit our career page at https://www.paccar.com/careers
We are located at:
PACCAR Technical Center
12479 Farm to Market Road
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Contact Person: Marika Kutsan
Location: Mt. Vernon, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ