Employer: PACCAR Technical Center
Job Title: Powertrain After-Sales Engineering Technician
The highly qualified and motivated Powertrain After-Sales Engineering Technician is focused on PACCAR engines and will work at the PACCAR Technical Center in Mount Vernon, Washington. We are looking for an ambitious individual who will thrive in an environment of creativity, innovation and generating world class products.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Provide advanced troubleshooting for engine and aftertreatment systems.
• Consult with subject matter experts to establish detailed information needed for problem resolution
• Prepare heavy duty vehicles for testing, including replacing components and installing measurement tools and instrumentation
• Work closely with engineering staff to ensure engines and vehicles are performing as requested during testing
• Manage data acquisition devices deployed to the field, and support analysis of field issues.
• Provide direction and technical guidance to field service personnel.
• Leverage outside resources and work cross functionally with other groups to solve issues as they arise
• Analyze data from field and warranty databases to identify key issues and evaluate solution effectiveness.
• Effectively communicate with dealers, field service, as well as other system experts within the organization.
• Provide on-site troubleshooting to customers as required.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
• Proven advanced engine and exhaust aftertreatment troubleshooting skills
• Experience with diesel engine design or engine field service issue research.
• Welding and fabrication skills are a plus
• CDL a plus
• Strong PC skills - Microsoft Applications.
• Excellent customer interaction and communication skills
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively, including issue reporting and documentation of required troubleshooting techniques.
• Self-directed, excellent analysis and technical judgment required.
• Organized and disciplined with willingness and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands.
• Ability to travel up to 25%.
Minimum Associate’s degree required
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to this position please visit our career page at https://www.paccar.com/careers
We are located at:
PACCAR Technical Center
12479 Farm to Market Road
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Contact Person: Marika Kutsan
Location: Mt. Vernon, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ