Employer: Grand Rapids Metrology
About Grand Rapids Metrology
Operating since 1922, a Grand Rapids Michigan based company with offices throughout the state and growing. Awarded the Best and Brightest Company to Work For in 2018 and 2019, both in Grand Rapids and Metropolitan Detroit With company values to Exceed, Inspire, Collaborate, Innovate and Embrace, Grand Rapids Metrology is looking for exceptional people to join our team and continue the tradition of growth and excellence.
- A career, with growth and value
- Commissions and bonus programs
- Full benefit package; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, flexible spending plans and paid time off
- Uniforms, tools, company laptop and phone
- Convenient mobile work order and calibration report system for use
- Quality through; Safety management program, ISO/A2LA certification
- Company vehicle provided for field service use
- Fully paid apprentice and on-going career training programs
- Periodic company meetings events and training courses
Summary of Position
This role acts as a senior metrology / calibration technician and is responsible for the delivery of quality calibrations and world-class service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform calibrations and adjustments in accordance with approved standard operating procedures.
- Act as quality / technical resource for GRM team and our clients.
- Ensure calibration standards and test equipment are in compliance.
- Create and/or revise procedures to consistently and constantly maximize efficiency, standardization, and accuracy in calibrations.
- Review all calibration documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Interact with customers and identify their needs to achieve high customer satisfaction
- Develop calibration data sheets accurately and efficiently with minimal supervision based upon instrument specifications and approved calibration procedures.
- Work closely with and provide leadership to calibration technicians to ensure high quality, high accuracy and world-class service is delivered to each client.
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient manner.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support to sales staff when necessary.
- Champion safety efforts in the lab and on-site.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- A minimum of 4 years calibration experience, with a strong background in electronics calibration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with math, and measuring skills
- Ability to select situational-appropriate measurement equipment accurately
- Operation of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work independently
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Uncompromising work ethic; a high degree of motivation
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Demonstrate understanding of problem-solving techniques
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have calibration training or experience in any of the following: PMEL, TMDE, DeVry/ITT, Electronics/Metrology degree, or commensurate on-the-job training.
- Must possess knowledge of related quality systems and practices (i.e. ISO 17025)
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds, unassisted
- Previous commercial calibration lab and on-site experience is strongly preferred
We offer an outstanding benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) matching program, flexible spending plans and paid time off. This position includes uniforms, tools, a company phone and laptop. Relocation assistance available.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ