Employer: Water & Wastewater Services, LLC
Water & Wastewater Services, L.L.C.
Water & Wastewater Services is a contract management services company servicing both public and private water and wastewater utilities. Water & Wastewater Services was established in 1983 and serves as many as 150 different utilities. We are located in Mount Vernon, Washington and serve Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King, Jefferson, Mason and Island Counties.
Water Operator I-II
The Water Distribution Operator is responsible for aspects of water distribution and preferably has water treatment experience. The position is responsible for ensuring the day to day operation and maintenance of various facilities in a safe, efficient and reliable manor. The role requires an understanding of water systems, meter reading, repairing and/or assisting in identifying and repairing leaks, new water meter installation, maintaining and repairing facilities related to water distribution and water treatment plant operations. The ability to maintain logs and accurately transcribe numbers is essential. The willingness to ask for help if needed is required. The position requires a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude who has the ability to work independently and within a group setting. Work is performed primarily outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are essential and critical to successful performance in this position:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to:
• Principles and practices of water distribution
• Principles of electronics, instrumentation, pumping systems.
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures is preferred.
• Proficient use of office equipment including personal computers and related software applications including MS Office suite.
• General mechanical and electrical aptitude including understanding of how to repair basic water equipment is preferred.
• Operation and maintenance of hand and power tools and specialized equipment used in water maintenance and repair.
• Read, interpret, apply and explain codes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Read and understand basic drawings for new construction, replacement or rehabilitation of water lines.
• Work effectively on several projects and/or sites with specific deadlines.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Interact with others utilizing tact, patience, and courtesy.
• Understand the basic requirements of health and safety as it relates to the environment they are working within.
• Periodically perform strenuous physical activity.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs.
• Must be able to pass a drug test.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Maintain records
• Must be able to work effectively in a group and independently.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Possession of a valid Washington State Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
• Possession of a Washington State Water Distribution Manager I-II.
• High school diploma or GED and preferably graduated from a technical or college program relating to the field.
• 2 years of experience in the field preferred.
• Construction experience preferred.
Wage is dependent on qualifications and experience. WWS offers a full benefit package and Simple IRA retirement savings plan matching incentive.
Please send Resume and Cover Letters to the following:
Water & Wastewater Services, LLC
Attn: Vanessa Entrikin
14263 Calhoun Road
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $30.00 /hour
•High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Application Method: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Instrumentation&l=Washington%20State&ts=1578522584246&pts=1578515137925&rs=1&fromage=last&vjk=cd7f26fa4593d12d
Base Pay: $18 to $30 HR