Employer: McCain Foods
The PLC Specialist is an advanced-level position within the Engineering Department working within the Electrical Maintenance Team. The PLC Specialist will work on the programming of different PLC’s throughout the facility. The PLC Specialist will support Electrical Technicians in the wiring and installation of new PLC’s by providing recommended installations from the OEM. The PLC Specialist is responsible for:
· Overseeing the installation of PLC’s
· Performing initial programming of new or existing PLC’s
· Working with the manufacturer while troubleshooting malfunctions
· Verification of health/functionality of all plant PLC’s
· Ability to program variable frequency drives (VFD’s)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Promotes and adheres to company safety policies.
· Possesses outstanding communication skills to lead, direct and train others on shift including those involved in on-the-job training functions.Insure daily assigned work orders are completed
· Discusses layout, installation procedures and problems with Electrical Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, Engineering Manager, and Vendor Supplied PLC’s.
· Draws sketches to clarify design details and functional criteria is met for the installation of new PLC’s
· Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
· Establishing plans to forecast upgrades to PLC’s
· Establish a written program for a process ensuring the latest software revisions are proven risk-free, then are uploaded to the PLC’s
· Ensure adequate spare PLC’s are kept in stock
· Sets up standard test apparatus or devises. Tests equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model.
Connects power supply wires to PLC’s
· Uses programmable controllers to operate automated machinery, to test for malfunctions, and to verify repairs.
· Performs programming on for Factory Talk.
· Accurately and timely completes required documentation of work and reports, which may result in changes to parameters, circuits, components,configuration, or orientation of an electrical/electronic device for future reference by self and others.
· Serves as a team player assisting all other Maintenance and operators to carry out their duties.
· Owns proper tools for the job as specified by the company.
· Operates the forklift and scissor-lift as needed.
· Communicates problems or changes in department to supervisor and appropriate personnel.
· Attends and participates in all annual, departmental, and job specific required training and monthly informational meetings.
· Understands and adheres to the concepts and techniques of the quality process in order to ensure a quality operation.
· Keeps area clean and orderly in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
· Helps to build and promote a strong “Teamwork” environment in each individual work group, the Factory, and the Company.
· Participates in continuous improvement process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree (A.A.) from a two-year collegeor equivalent technical school; or four years’ related experience and/ortraining; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abilityto program Allen-Bradley PLC5, SLC500, Contrologix- Studio and have working experience with FactoryTalk SE. Working knowledge of testequipment. Including oscilloscope, digital test meters, insulation testmeggers, decade box, power supply, frequency counters, and 4 to 20 ma sourcemeters.
Strongcomputer background including PC hardware, experience with Microsoft Word,Excel and Windows
Mustpossess a general knowledge of Local Area Network; ability to read andunderstand schematics, utilize PC and PLC for diagnostics and troubleshooting;have experience with AC/DC voltages ranging from 5 to 480 volts;have experience with electrical wiring in accordance with the National ElectricCode; experience with Instrumentation, motor and process controls (Pneumaticand Hydraulic systems); and experience with repairing and maintainingmechanical equipment
ü Valid State Driver’s License when operating company vehicles.
ü Valid McCain Foods Forklift and Scissor Lift Operator’s License.
ü Must have supply of Lock/Out Tag Out identification cards.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
ü Advanced Electronics Aptitude
ü Hand tool experience.
ü Machine Shop Knowledge Helpful.
ü Advanced Computer Skills (Word, Excel, CMMS, and Rockwell Software).
ü Working knowledgeof a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) such as SAP, is desired
ü Advanced Problem-Solving Skills.
ü Understanding of NationalElectric Code.
Location: Othello, WA
Application Method: Online: https://careers.mccain.com/job/Othello-PLC-Specialist-Wash/544779117/?feedId=300617&utm_source=Indeed&utm_campaign=McCain_Indeed&sponsored=ppc
Base Pay: DOQ