Electrical and Instrumentation Technician - (Kennewick, Washington, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Electrical & Instrumentation Technician position plays an integral role in the safe, reliable production of nitrogen-based fertilizers at the facility. This role requires a dynamic individual who is extremely safety conscience and willing to perform a variety of E&I related tasks.
What you will do:
• Perform all work in a safe and controlled manner, adhering to safety and environmental policies
• Perform daily maintenance on various types of electrical and instrumentation equipment including: electrical distribution systems, 3 phase motor, PLC's, pneumatic controllers, and valve positioners
• Perform daily and routine preventative maintenance (PM’s) on equipment
• Troubleshoot and analyze instrument and electrical systems with voltages up to 18K volts
• Respond to plant/process upsets and take appropriate action to address issues
• Provide electrical and instrumentation project support to execute planned outages, MOC's, PHA's, and capital projects
• Use computer tools to record failures, document repairs and document plant equipment history
• Work closely with contractors, vendors and internal departments
• Work as a productive team member and support continuous improvement
• Cross-training and working in all areas of the facility as required
• Performing work from elevated structures, ladders, scissor lifts, boom lifts, and man-baskets
What you will bring:
• Possess a minimum of 2 years education at a vocational/technical school in the electrical or instrumentation field, or 5+ years’ experience
• Ability to read, understand and comply with standards, policies and procedures
• Ability to work additional hours outside of schedule and be called out
• Experience working in an industrial setting preferred
• Experienced with DCS systems, Foxborough and Allen Bradley preferred
• Possess strong working knowledge of electronic and pneumatic controllers and valve positioners
• Possess working knowledge of all types of instrument and electrical test equipment
• Have a solid understanding of maintenance practices and processes
• Possess strong troubleshooting and analytical ability
• Have experience operating mobile equipment, including: forklifts, man lifts, carry deck cranes, etc.
• Proficiency in computer application including Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Location: Kennewick, WA
Application Method: https://nutriencareers-nutrien.icims.com/jobs/9586/job?utm_source=indeed_integration&iis=Job+Board&iisn=Indeed&indeed-apply-token=73a2d2b2a8d6d5c0a62696875eaebd669103652d3f0c2cd5445d3e66b1592b0f&mobile=false&width=1000&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420
Base Pay: DOQ