Employer: Seattle Genetics
The Instrumentation Technician supports the Facilities & Engineering team. The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for performing calibrations, repairs, installations, troubleshooting and documentation of instruments used in GMP, GLP, R&D laboratories, utilities systems and GMP manufacturing plant. This position reports to the GMP Equipment Supervisor, Facilities & Engineering. This position is classified as essential personnel and as such, is required to work with minimal amount of absences and during all site closures as required except in the event of a major disaster when access to the facilities is prohibited by governmental emergency personnel.
• Perform instrument calibrations for process, utility and analytical equipment and systems
• Troubleshoot and repair site instrumentation and control system issues
• Perform advanced maintenance and repair activities on equipment and systems used in Manufacturing, Analytical Laboratory or other areas of the Bothell site
• Support freezer, refrigerator and incubator maintenance
• Assist in managing and scheduling the vendors performing Seattle Genetics Equipment Maintenance and Calibrations
• Assist with the equipment enrollment process in the CMMS & Starlims (equipment labeling, parts, tasks, personnel, procedures, measurement data templates, etc.)
• Ensure activities are accomplished in a safe manner
• Ensure work is completed in accordance with procedures
• Ensure work activities are completed correctly
• Maximize right the first time execution
• Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed
• Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system owners and key stakeholders.
• Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and completely
• Identify waste, work flow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assisting with implementation
• Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance
• Provide support when required - this may be outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Participate in an On-call rotation for equipment monitoring & alarms
• Associate degree and 4+ years of Maintenance or Instrumentation experience
• 2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience and 4+ years of Maintenance or Instrumentation experience.
• Associate degree in Maintenance or Instrumentation and Controls
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Location: Bothell, WA
Application Method: https://www.seattlegenetics.com/careers/job-opportunities?p=job/oV1kbfwb&__jvst=Job+Board&__jvsd=Indeed&nl=1
Base Pay: DOQ