Position Summary: Entry position to learn CO2 extraction process and associated equipment in preparation for operating the extraction plant. Load and unload extractors, assist in troubleshooting, equipment repair and maintenance. Material handling using a forklift and overhead crane. Assist in training new employees and CO2 Technicians as needed.
Must consider: 1) knowledge required; 2) problem solving; and 3) accountability.)
% of time 35%
1. Load/unload extractors inclusive of, but not limited to:
a) Operate bridge crane and forklift.
b) Open/close the top and bottom extractor closures.
c) Load “super bags” into the extractors.
d) Have a working knowledge of spent hop conveying system.
e) Clean extractor top and bottom heads before closing.
f) Prepare spent hop and raw hop samples for lab.
g) Transport super bags from warehouse to CO2 Plant and stage within plant.
h) Troubleshoot spent hop conveying system if plugged.
2. Assist with troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of all mechanical/electrical/instrumentation systems inclusive of, but not limited to:
a) Repair, maintenance and calibration of control valves, sensors, transmitters and controllers.
b) Understand analog and digital devices.
c) Read electrical schematics.
d) Understand how PLC’s and control systems work.
e) Understand how PID controllers work.
f) Understand piping and instrumentation diagrams.
g) Boiler operation.1%
3. Understand the spent Hop Pelleting system operation. 1%
4. Assist in an Emergency Response Team inclusive of, but not limited to:
a) Use of “Scott Air-Pak”
b)Know CPR and First Aid 3%
5. Perform duties listed on the daily maintenance and lubrication check list.5%
6. Assist with the weekly maintenance duties and troubleshooting/repair as directed.30%
7. Clean process area inclusive of, but not limited to:
a) Operate vacuum and dust collection systems.
b) Sweep and wash down area.10%
8. Handle chemicals inclusive of, but not limited to:
a) Clean extract spills with methanol/fill methanol bottles.
b) Handle caustic beads or liquid caustic.
c) Understand and practice safe handling of chemicals.1%
9. Understand and practice safety procedures inclusive of, but not limited to:
a) Respond to all CO2 leak detection alarms.
b) Know all safety procedures including equipment lock-out, welding and vessel entry.
c) Understand MSD’s
d) Secure flammables, chemicals and pressurized cylinders in proper area.
e) Pellet mills and spent pelleting equipment. 2%
10. Operate hand-held radios and the control room radio. 1%
11. Secure plant perimeter from unauthorized personnel.
12. Move freight, parts and supplies as needed.
13. Such other duties as may be assigned in accordance with Company needs and requirements.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Work a 42 hour work week with the ability to work a twelve-hour shift, as needed.
2. Must pass cardiopulmonary function and drug tests on a continuing basis.
3. Ability to climb stairs and ladders and to walk in high elevation catwalk areas.
4. Ability to lift 75 pounds.
5. Must not have sensitivity to hop allergies.
6. Must exercise good judgment.
7. Become certified to drive a forklift.
8. Must be clean-shaven in order to wear a Scott Air-Pak.
9. Must have adequate hearing and vision to perform the job.
10. Must have adequate vision and hearing with or without corrective lenses or aids.
11. Must complete one month of extensive in-house training in pertinent areas of the job.
12. Must join the Teamsters Union.
13. Able to view a computer screen, type on a keyboard, use a mouse and respond to audible alarms.
14. Able to lift, grasp and manipulate a twenty-foot long extractor pole used to unload extractors.
15. Must comply with the John I. Haas, Inc. Environmental Management system (EMS) and have been trained on the EMS, and in particular the Energy, Universal Waste and Emergency Response requirements. Other procedures from the EMS shall be trained and followed as applicable to requirements of the position.
16. Must be able to cover shifts and work occasional overtime.
17. Must be trained regarding procedures for managing significant environmental aspects, specifically:
a) Importance of conformity
b) Significant environment aspect
c) Roles and responsibilities
d) Potential consequence for departure from procedure
Qualifications:(Education/Experience/Skills required of the Position)
1. Instrument Technician training is desirable, but not required.
2. Previous experience operating an automated plant is helpful.
3. Need to have an aptitude for mechanical and/or electrical skills.
4. Ability to operate, troubleshoot and repair high pressure equipment.
5. Knowledge of electricity, control theory, hydraulics and operating automated controls.
This form indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this job title. It is not designed to contain nor should it be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of all employees with this job title.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ