Power Ops Intern:
This supervised position will allow for a college student who is seeking a career in the power industry to apply as well as enhance their knowledge with regard to all aspects power plant operation. This position will require the individual to work a normal day shift as well as rotating shift when required.
Reports To: Plant Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Plant Engineer in day-to-day engineering tasks
• Assist Plant shift operations including local starting and stopping of equipment.
• Assist in Maintain shift operating logs and records when required.
• Read and record gauges and meters when required.
• Assist while under direct supervision by a qualified Calpine Employee with mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks, inspections, and troubleshooting.
• Assist in development of standard procedures for operations.
• Assist with Maintaining plant chemistry logs and records. • Assist with the requisition spare parts inventory for plant equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned while under the direct supervision of a Calpine employee.
• Report to and take day-to-day instructions, both written and verbal, from the Plant Operator A, Plant Manager and Operations Manager
• Junior or Senior standing, preferred.
• GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Willingness to work outdoors, in field locations, in a "hands on" environment.
• Willingness to adhere to plant safety standards, procedures, and practices.
• Good comprehension of basic engineering practices.
• Good problem solving and analytical ability.
• Strong computer skills especially in the use of spreadsheet and word processing programs.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be flexible and able to work harmoniously with others in a dynamic environment.
• Must be able to self-start and manage multiple simultaneous tasks and priorities.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
Calpine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Location: Sutter, CA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ