Employer: Virginia Mason Memorial
The Patient Services Coordinator is the initial point of contact for patients at our outpatient clinics. The Patient Services Coordinator performs a variety of critical functions to maintain the clinical flow and to ensure patients receive care as ordered in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES, include:
1. Updates patient information, provides any required forms to complete, and obtains signatures as necessary.
2. Prepares charts for each clinical session and ensures lab, diagnostic test results, history & physical examinations or other documentation are in charts as appropriate.
3. Schedules patients for appointments as needed, including consultation and diagnostic appointments for patients per provider/assistant request and documents such.
4. Schedules transportation and/or interpreters for patient as needed.
5. Verifies insurance eligibility as appropriate.
6. Provides telephone coverage. Utilizes good customer service practices for all callers.
7. Responds to patient requests expeditiously, maintaining an efficient clinical flow.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Experience: One year experience as a medical receptionist or other related field preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ