Technicians will be held to a high standard of service, ICEE has a commitment to success: to our customers, partners, and employees. Technicians are required to service all ICEE and restaurant equipment such as: Frozen Carbonated and Non-Carbonated dispensers, fountain beverage equipment, ice makers, juice dispensers, etc. Technicians will work with minimal supervision and are required to attend weekly meetings held in their Service Center. Individuals in this role are provided with: a vehicle, uniforms, tools, cell phone, and gas card.
REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive dispatched service calls as assigned and ensure prompt response based on estimated time of arrival (ETA).
• Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting or diagnose service problems and repairs as needed. Making sure to check quality of all products ie: checking syrup levels, changing out flavors, cleaning around machines etc.
• Maintain inventory and maintenance on equipment such as: parts, tools, and vehicle.
• Review service orders and service performed with the FSM or supervisor. Must keep managers informed of customer concerns, needs, and up selling opportunities.
• Document all work performed and close out all activities upon completion.
• Ensure that the point of sale (POS) material is fresh.
• Clear communication is essential to be able to communicate to both customers and co-workers.
• In some locations, the Service Technician will be responsible for machine movement and various other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the Service Technician must be self-motivated and have the ability to stay on task with minimal to no supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Customer relations, interpersonal relationships, team relations and service.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Must be self-starter and be able to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
• Great oral and written communication skills.
• Strong mechanical background.
• Graduate of Technical or Vocational School a plus.
• Certification by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to handle refrigerant a plus.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to lift 55 lbs or more on a regular basis. Occasional lifting more than
70 lbs. required.
• Work may require the use of a ladder from time to time. The type of ladder will depend on the task at hand but will range from a simple step ladder all the way up to extension. ladders designed for roof access.
• Ability to Drive more than 40% of the time.
• Must have steel –toed shoes (ICEE provides uniforms as described above).
TECHNICAL SCHOOL TUITION REIMBURSEMENT INCENTIVE PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
In an effort to employ the most qualified technicians in the beverage industry The ICEE Company proudly participates in the Tuition Reimbursement Incentive Partnership Program (TRIP program).
To be Eligible for Assistance:
1. You must be a full time employee of The ICEE Company for at least 60 days.
Note: All require some degree of employee contributions; and eligibility based on length of employment.
Voluntary Group Life/AD&D Insurance
Corporate Life/AD&D Insurance
Short-and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Flexible Spending Plans
Nathan Schreiber Scholarship Fund
Technical School Tuition Reimbursement Program- SEE BELOW
Credit Union Membership
Computer Purchase Program
Paid Holidays (7), Sick (40 hours) and Paid Vacation
Safety Incentive Program
How It Works:
1. You supply ICEE with all pertinent loan information, including copies of loan agreement and payment information.
2. You must also supply ICEE with a copy of school transcripts.
3. ICEE will make the monthly financial aid loan payments (to a maximum of $100 per month or 50% of your monthly payment, whichever is less) directly to your lender. You are responsible for the remaining balance of each monthly payment.
4. Payments continue each month for as long as you are an active full time employee of The ICEE Company. The total payments shall be limited to $5,000 or when the loan is paid in full, whichever occurs first.
5. Payments cease immediately upon voluntary or involuntary termination of your employment.
6. If you resign from employment prior to completion of loan payments, you will be required to pay back one-half of all monies paid up to a maximum of $1,000.
7. If you resign from employment with The ICEE Company within 1 year of completion of your loan, you will be required to pay back one-half of all monies paid up to a maximum of $1,000.
Contact Person: Rachel Rahill
Location: Spokane, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ