Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for an Electrician at our Ogden, Utah manufacturing site.
- Construct, maintain, repair, troubleshoot and install electrical equipment, systems and components including motors, process pumps and controls, programmable logic controls, building construction and handling equipment.
- Electrical testing instruments, hand tools, (manual and power), tube benders, splicing equipment, wire pulling equipment and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Wire, contactors, switches, motors, breakers, fuses and miscellaneous electrical hardware. Process equipment and chemicals.
- May periodically direct lower classified crafts persons.
- The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment.
- Receive oral and/or written instructions from supervisor.
- Maintain, test and repair electrical circuitry and electrical equipment as required to assure electrical compatibility and safety of components.
- Maintain, repair and install building electrical systems per National Electrical Code requirements.
- Check and maintain electrical apparatus, equipment, facilities, and/or systems as directed, or as dictated by the preventative maintenance program. Maintain preventative maintenance records.
- Measure, cut and bend wire and conduit using various hand tools.
- Repair and/or replace switches, fuses, controls, and other electrical hardware as required.
- Notify supervisor of any irregularities, malfunctions or failures as required by established procedures.
- Troubleshoot equipment and replace or repair defective components.
- Provide assistance to other maintenance technicians or engineers as required.
- Coordinate area activities with central maintenance shop.
- Train other crafts persons as assigned.
- Observe all safety rules.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and return all tools, unused materials and written references to designated locations.
- 14. Abide by all rules and regulations covered by the Westinghouse Code of Business Ethics.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- Five (5) years electrical craft experience preferred, three (3) of which should be in industrial electrical maintenance, preferred.
- Diploma or applicable education from a trade or technical school in industrial electrical maintenance may qualify for part of experience requirement.
Please see job description
Years of Experience
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety & Quality First
- Valuing Ethics, Integrity & Diversity
- Passion for Serving Our Customers Globally
- Dedication to Each Other Through Servant Leadership
-Creating Value for Shareholders, Customers and Employees
- Consistently Delivering Our Commitments.
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting link http://www.westinghousenuclear.com./careers/
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Keep in mind that only applications completed and submitted via the Westinghouse Careers website will be considered. You can submit your completed application, and also explore other available options, using the following link: link http://www.westinghousenuclear.com/careers/
Location: Ogden, UT
Application Method: If you are interested in this position contact: Adam Rieker at Perry Tech for further information.
Base Pay: DOQ