Employer: Pacific Northwest University
Under the direction of the Program Director, responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, providing full range of clerical and technical support for daily operation of the Department of Physical Therapy including the clinical education program. Provide assistance to full and part-time faculty, students, campus staff and members of the community who need assistance. Work closely with Program Director during the development phase of the Doctor of Physical Therapy program for submission of the Application for Candidacy and any other documents related to state authorization and accreditation through the Commission on Accreditation for Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
Essential Job Functions:
• Interpret and apply policies and procedures; compose correspondence and assist Program Director with generating standard reports when necessary; process purchase orders and travel related paperwork
• Maintain and process program’s budget and fiscal records
• Assist in faculty searches and new faculty orientation
• Serve as program’s webmaster for the department web page, ensuring accuracy and up-to-date information
• Assist in the planning, organizing, and implementing program events including White Coat Ceremony, Student Orientation, Graduation, and Research Symposium
• Work with staff throughout the University to assist in scheduling of classes, admissions, recruitment, financial aid, and student services
• Ensure proper and timely calibration of all equipment within the program for safety
• Assist the Clinical Education Coordinator in corresponding to clinic sites and ensuring clinic contracts are in compliance
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
• Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Bachelor's Degree
• Required: Two years of recent general office clerical skills that includes knowledge in standard office procedures and practices (a combination of closely related work experience and post-secondary education may be substituted)
• Preferred: Experience working in higher education
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Adobe/Foxit; and schedule activities and/or meetings.
PNWU offers a comprehensive benefits package to eligible employees first of the month following date of hire and competitive salary.
To ensure full consideration apply by the closing date.
• A letter of introduction outlining background and qualifications for the position
• Detailed curriculum vitae
• Contact information for three professional references
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ