Job Title: Accounts Payable
Mission: Manage Accounts Payable
Summary: Process A/P invoices, A/R invoices and payments, manage Fixed Assets accounting System and provide accounting support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This is a representative sample and does not imply a complete listing of all responsibilities and tasks.
E.W.Brandt & Sons, Inc, TLC Orchards, LLC, and Four Star Orchards, LLC A/P
1. Collect receipts from employees and file in receipt box.
2. Verify invoices with matched receipts
3. Call employee or vendor if we do not have a receipt
4. Code invoices with GL number and enter invoices in computer.
5. Stamp invoices with date after they have been entered into the computer and file in payment bucket.
6. Make copies of assets or invoices that do not have state taxes.
7. Monitor invoices for unusual activity and notify manager.
8. Close A/P around the 10th of the month. Send a Inventory report to Accounting Manager.
9. Do cost analysis on vendors when necessary.
Payment of A/P
1. A/P is paid four times a month with the exception of those few invoices that do not fall with these dates. Payment dates will be the Fridays of the week of the month.
2. Batch invoices for these payment schedules and present them to Accounting Manager for final payment ok.
3. Write checks. Record in checkbook and on invoice - check number and date.
4. File paid invoices.
5. Monitor A/P aging each month to check for duplicate invoices.
6. Balance checkbook and notify Accounting Manager if negative check balance.
1. Collect data to invoice vendors through the A/R.
2. Keep files for various company’s A/R
3. Post payments. Make a copy of the check and staple to the invoice.
4. Monitor A/R and send second notices when appropriate.
1. Make photocopies of checks received for all companies.
2. Record in manual deposit books and checkbook.
3. Make a deposit slip and endorse checks.
4. In EWB Inc post all checks other than fruit checks. TLC post checks in checkbook.
1. Learn all aspects of payroll to provide backup in case of sickness or vacations.
Credit Card and Expense Reimbursements
1. Prepare posting allocations
2. Submit unidentified items on Credit Cards to employees for identification
3. Submit final forms to Accounting Manager
Contact Person: David A. Mitchum, CPA
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Base Pay: DOQ