Employer: Del Monte Foods
Harvester Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Toppenish, WA
DEL MONTE FOODS, Toppenish, WA, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Harvester Maintenance Mechanic to ensure reliable performance and operation of agricultural equipment involved in the harvesting of peas and corn.
This is a full-time, year round position that requires the individual to repair, install, adjust, and maintain harvesting equipment in all operations. This includes service and repair of electrical and hydraulic systems. Knowledge and troubleshooting skills of air conditioning systems is a plus. This position is for a hands-on professional who enjoys working on a peer level with talented and committed colleagues, and who has the self-confidence to pursue their convictions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Mechanical expertise in the troubleshooting and effective repair as well as general maintenance on large harvest equipment, heavy industrial and/or agricultural equipment (experience with OXBO corn and pea harvesters preferred). Ability to work in a field setting as well as a shop environment.
• Candidate should possess competent welding skill and understand hydraulic, engine and electrical systems.
• Must be able to work well independently as well as with others, and provide direction as needed in helping to coordinate harvest activities.
• Actively maintain a preventative maintenance program using PC systems and software for record keeping, parts ordering, tracking the performance of harvest equipment, and also support continuous improvement.
• Must be able to work shift work and long hours as well as long weeks (7 days per week), during the summer harvest periods.(Harvest Generally Runs May-October)
• Must have own tools adequate to perform job duties.
• Understands and complies with company, federal and state safety requirements.
• Minimum 3 years maintenance experience in industrial or farm production setting.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and solid PC skills.
• Fully capable of reading, writing, and communicating in English to grasp, apply, and discuss technical information from equipment manuals, vendors, as well as general instructions and work-related memos.
• Must have valid driver’s license and clean DMV record.
• Competitive hourly salary
• Comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates interested in this challenging position should submit a skill and experience resume to indeed.com posting for DEL MONTE FOODS, Inc. in Toppenish is an EE/AA M/F/D/V.
Please be advised that if you are selected to interview for this position, you will be required to complete, sign, and submit a Del Monte Application for Employment for this position. Your application must reflect that you possess the required qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
Salary DOE : $26.03 to $29.66 /hour
Contact Person: Romeo Hernandez
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: $26