Responsibilities and Scope:
Operates equipment and other related machining/fabrication equipment in a production environment.
Essential Functions (Listed in order of % of time)
* Plans and participates in tool selection and work set up.
* Sets up and operates machines to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications. Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine setup procedures, cutting sequence, and dimensions of finished product.
* Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures the work piece in the fixture according to the setup instructions using clamps, bolts, hand tools, power tools, and measuring instruments such as rules and calipers.
* Assembles and positions cutting tools in tool holders and/or spindles specified for that machine.
* Manipulates controls and enters commands to a specified start point, then starts the machine. Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions.
* May perform simple adjustments to the machine.
* Changes cutting tools and location of work pieces during the machining process as specified in the setup instructions.
* Measures work pieces for conformance to specifications, using measuring devices such as micrometers, tape measures, and gauges.
* Applies "Just in Time" production techniques to promote maximum machining operations.
* Maintains records related to completed machine operations to provide up-to-date reference for scheduling.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position
Qualifications Education and Experience
* The position requires a minimum of two years experience operating tube benders and production saws, a good working knowledge blueprint reading, and precision measurement.
* Experience operating multi-types of forklifts is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
* Working knowledge of the procedures and techniques, materials, tools, equipment, layouts and set-ups used in the operation of cutting and machining on fabrication equipment.
* Requires a basic knowledge of machine equipment maintenance.
* Must have an in-depth knowledge of safe work practices. Working knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints.
* Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Requires sufficient reasoning ability to understand detailed, yet repetitive, written and oral instructions, and solve straight forward problems.
* Requires the ability to perform arithmetic calculations, read and record detailed measurements, counts, distances, and times.
* Requires the ability to learn and understand safety, continuous quality, and just-in-time within reasonable period of time.
* Requires the ability to work as a member of a team and maintain harmonious work relationships with others.
* Requires the ability to observe safe work practices and handle hazardous materials according to accepted procedures.
* May require the ability to perform work assignments on varying schedules.
* Requires ambulatory ability to walk, stand, reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crawl on a continuous basis; up to 10 hours a day.
* Requires the ability to lift, pull, push and guide medium weigh objects (20-40 pounds) on a continuous basis.
* Requires sufficient hand-arm-eye coordination to guide objects into specific placement or alignment, and make precise measurements.
* Requires visual acuity to observe moving objects and events, select, and place materials. Requires auditory ability to project voice in a production environment and hear instructions
Work is performed a manufacturing environment where significant safety considerations exist from use of dangerous equipment, proximity to moving objects, full-body physical labor and handling of medium-to-heavy weight materials. Required equipment for all operations includes but not limited to; steel toe shoes, hearing protection and safety glasses.
Location: US-WA North Bend-B30 HR
Department: Customer and Product Support
Job ID: 5317
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
Contact Person: NA
Location: North Bend, WA
Application Method: To apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=af744ac544f93a297781a25b648d41d3
Base Pay: DOE