Employer: Pacific Northwest University
Recruitment Period: 10/29/19 - Until Filled
Status: Full Time
Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU) was founded as a 501(c) (3) non-profit medical institution in 2005 aimed at increasing access to health care in medically underserved areas of the Pacific Northwest.
The University currently offers the degree of Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine enrolling a total of 560 medical students with plans to develop other programs and/or colleges. Interprofessional education partnerships with other universities adds another 100 students to the population. The campus includes 300 employees with academic programming spread over a five state region.
PNWU is located in Yakima, WA, a city of approximately 95,000 located in the south central part of the state near the eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountains in a major agricultural and outdoor recreation region. It is approximately 140 miles from Seattle, 170 miles from Portland, and 200 miles from Spokane. The Yakima Valley is a wonderful place to live, work and play. For more information, visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
The systems administrator will configure, maintain, and support data center servers on premise and cloud-based that serve mission critical applications. Responsibilities also include network support, disaster recovery, security, and business continuity.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manages VMware infrastructure
• Manages Active Directory domains
• Manages network infrastructure
• Manages file, print, database, and application servers
• Reviews, validates, and deploys software updates during application rollout to production environments
• Performs system backups and recovery, and regular testing of disaster recovery procedures.
• Monitors network/server performance and tunes systems as necessary
• Supports other IT staff with troubleshooting application and network issues in a tier 2 capacity
• Understands accreditation standards and expectations specific to the department and adheres to policies and procedures to meet or exceed such standards
• Conducts self appropriately and consistently in accordance with the philosophy and mission of PNWU
• Other duties as assigned
• Required: High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred: Associates Degree in related field
• Experience providing network and server support in an enterprise production environment
• Knowledge of network security architecture, performance tuning, capacity planning, and disaster recovery processes and procedures
• Hands-on production experience installing and maintaining virtual servers in a VMware virtual environment
Preferred experience in the following technologies:
• Windows Server 2012 - 2019
• Linux Server
• Multi-domain Active Directory Forest
• Certificate Services
• Group Policy
• System Center Configuration Manager
• Remote Desktop Services
• Office 365
• Exchange Server 2013 - 2016
• SQL Server 2012 - 2017
• Storage Area Network
• Cisco Firewall & Routers
• Meraki Switching & Wireless Access Points
• Network cabling
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA certifications, strong organization, interpersonal, and planning skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a team and flexibility to work with others in a variety of circumstances; ability to problem solve by analyzing issues and creating action plans; ability to manage projects and people and prioritize and self-direct work flow; ability to work with and manage different computer programs and databases; and schedule activities and/or meetings.
To ensure full consideration apply by the closing date.
The job announcement above is not the full job description, but represents the job responsibilities and requirements. A full job description can be provided upon request.
For information about life in Yakima visit www.liveyakimavalley.com.
PNWU is a drug-free workplace, equal opportunity employer and educational institution. To request this publication in an alternative format, or to apply in an alternative format, please call Human Resources, 509.452.5100.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ