Employer: Dublin San Ramon Services District
The Dublin San Ramon Services District, a special district in the San Francisco Bay Area that provides water, wastewater, and recycled water services, is recruiting for an Operations Control Systems Specialist. The full salary range for this position is $8,839 to $10,744 per month with a generous benefit and paid time off package, including CalPERS pension.
Position and Ideal Candidate:
This Operations Control Systems Specialist position is a regular full-time role in the Instrumentation, Controls & Electrical Division of the Operations Department.
The ideal candidate enjoys working on field instrumentation, including calibration, troubleshooting, and repairs. They also enjoy learning new technologies and working with other facilities controls systems, including security, power monitoring, fire alarm and environmental control. Ideally, they also bring experience with software programs such as GE iFix, Wonderware, Rockwell Studio 5000, and OPTO Factory Floor and Pac Professional; as well as skill and experience in maintaining and configuring various software packages: Win911 for remote alarm notification, Proficy Historian data collection, Excel for SCADA report generation, and GE iFix for trending.
Under general direction from the Electrical and Instrumentation Supervisor, oversees, reviews, and maintains the software of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems of the Operations Department including the wastewater treatment plant, the LAVWMA export system, recycled water facilities, and collection and water distribution systems; serves as management advisor on matters related to District SCADA systems; participates in the generation of reports, files, and spreadsheets for system compliance and control; and performs other job-related work and special projects as required.
Education and Experience
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade, and
• Equivalent of two (2) years of college level course work, preferably related to electronics, instrumentation, control systems, and/or computer systems.
• Four (4) years increasingly responsible experience in an industrial environment, maintaining, installing, troubleshooting, and repairing SCADA, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), and telemetry systems, including one (1) year of experience with operating system report generation.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
• Possession of a valid California Class C Driver’s License is required.
• Within two years of appointment, possession of a California Water Environment Association (CWEA) Electrical/Instrumentation Technician Grade II certification or an Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society of America (ISA) Certified Control Systems Technician Level I certification.
The District online employment application and supplemental questionnaire will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2019. A resume and cover letter will not be accepted in lieu of the District application form and supplemental questionnaire.
For more information and to apply online, please visit the District web page https://www.dsrsd.com/careers/current-openings-and-employment-information/current-job-openings.
Contact Person: Pamela Mullen
Location: Dublin, CA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: 106,068