We believe that cultivating a deeper sense of loyalty and belonging is key to how we attract and retain our best people. By embracing our diverse experiences and views, we are better positioned to deliver results, create innovations that matter, and thrive in today’s changing world. This reality inspires our Inclusion & Diversity vision, We Are More Together, and guides our approach as we all work toward creating great places where our teams work and thrive.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Calibration Technician to join our team in the Bothell, WA. - Seattle Metro Area. We are seeking innovative problem solvers who can provide creative service solutions to our customers. Calibration Technicians perform routine and complex work related to the repair and calibration of test, measurement and diagnostic equipment. If you are ready for the next step in your career, we have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Calibration Technician to join our team.
· Achieves customer satisfaction though completion of calibration services within expected timeframes, as assigned by lead techs or supervisors
· Accurately enters data into tracking database
· May occasionally perform final inspection of work completed by other technicians,
· Creates calibration data sheets accurately and efficiently with minimal supervision based upon instrument specifications and approved calibration procedures.
· Completes all documentation supporting customer requirements, reporting, ISO and other quality systems.
· Interacts with customer for items requiring repair or limited calibration.
· Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedure to complete assigned tasks.
· Has substantial understanding of the job and applies knowledge to complete a wide range of tasks.
· Perform moderate to high complexity calibrations; PD, GP & some RF measurement areas
· Creates budgets and datasheets
· Performs basic repairs and Preventative maintenance
· Performs work at the customer location as well as in the service center
· Functions frequently as the primary representative of Tektronix to the customer
· Adheres to quality management system policies and procedures in performance of work
· FBS implementation - Daily Scheduling Improvements, Visual Management Improvements, Kaizen Charters, Kaizen Participation, Intermediate problem solving
· Plans, oversees, organizes, participates, and/or leads onsite events independently; escalates complex issues to supervisors and managers when appropriate
· Performs other laboratory support functions as required in an efficient and orderly manner.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
· Typically requires a minimum of 4-6 years of related experience
· Must have excellent customer service skills.
· Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work on assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognize the need to perform calibration by alternate, acceptable methods.
· Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office, and Internet applications with an emphasis on Excel required.
· Ability to travel as needed for personal skill enhancement and training; as well as, to fully support the customer calibration requirements.
· Must meet requirements to drive a company vehicle (Valid driver's license and clean driving record).
· U.S. Citizenship.
· Capable of lifting (50 pounds) unassisted.
· Military Metrology/Calibration (PMEL or TMDE) training.
· 2-year Technical certification
· Experience in equipment calibration in the following disciplines:
o General Purpose Electronics
o RF experience a plus
When you join Tektronix and Fortive, you will work in an extraordinary team, learning with and from great people, where diversity and inclusion is celebrated. You will have the opportunity to do work that makes a difference in the world. You will be trusted and empowered to contribute in meaningful ways with visibility and accountability. We are obsessed with our customers and have a commitment to transparency, unending learning and growth to accelerate progress and innovation. Join us for the excitement of a startup with a history of success! For You. For Us. For Growth.
This position's primary/essential functions are subject to US Government ITAR compliance requirements under current government contracts. Therefore, all applicants must be either a US Citizen or a holder of a current valid Green Card and must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency via a birth certificate, a current valid green card, unexpired passport, or a naturalization certificate. We encourage applicants to bring such proof to their interview. However, in no case will applicants be allowed to begin their scope of work in this specific position without providing such proof.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check.
Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Tektronix is a place where people are challenged to explore the boundaries of what’s possible, bringing the digital future one step closer every day. Our work accelerates technological breakthroughs that are revolutionizing culture and industry worldwide. Through precision-engineered measurement solutions, we work with our customers to eliminate the barriers between inspiration and realization of world-changing technologies. Realize your true potential at Tektronix – join us in revolutioneering a better tomorrow.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."
Location: Bothell, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ