Job ID: 5279
Location: US-WA North Bend-B30 HR
Production Specialist - Position location in North Bend, WA
Genie sets the standard by which other lifts are judged. Simply put, we build a better lift. Our innovative designs and reliable products have made Genie a world leader in the production of material lifts, portable aerial work platforms, scissor lifts, and self-propelled telescopic and articulated booms. The right time is now to come join us as we grow and expand to meet our customers' needs.
Starting pay: Production Specialist - $17.77/Hour Work Hours: 5:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. Monday - Friday
Location: North Bend, WA
Genie Industries/Terex Aerial Work Platforms (AWP), a leader in the manufacturing of aerial work platforms, is now hiring Production Specialist in our North Bend Facility. Here is your opportunity to be part of "Our" team and build the big blue booms or scissor lifts that you often see near freeways, construction sites, and airports.
North Bend is 30 miles east of Seattle, WA with a beautiful drive and view. Genie North Bend location has eight main departments (Safety, Warehouse, Manufacturing, Logistics, Supply Chain, Quality, HR, and Engineering/Maintenance). Team members perform fun and productive hands-on experience with putting together Genie parts, machines, and packages for customers.
The Production Specialist is a great way to get your foot in the door! We are looking for people that have a positive outlook in general, that can demonstrate productive behaviors, are reliable and possess basic industrial skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assembles equipment components, sub-assemblies, and accessories, as required for the assigned stage of production and in coordination with a small team of co-workers. Depending on the skill development level, assembly can range from basic fittings and brackets, to hoses, actuators and pumps, sensors, chains, gears, platforms, and instrument controls.
* Fits brackets, fasteners, parts, and sub-assemblies onto structures by placing them in a specified relationship to each other. Bolts, clips, screws, and tightens parts by hand, hand tools, or portable power tools. Certain skilled tasks may require insertion of parts into small or difficult locations.
* Inspects the quality of work-in-progress from previous workstations by examining alignment and proper fit following a defined standard. Escalate discrepancies when issues occur.
* Assembles components such as axles, power transmission devices, controls, etc., requiring skilled use of tools and production fixtures and a working knowledge of the product's operating functions.
* Assists with gathering information on items such as takt time cycles, measurement of tolerances, occurrence of line defects, evaluation of safe and quality work methods, etc.
* Connects wiring to and from control panels, engines, batteries, and other components according to specifications and blueprints.
* Operates a variety of handheld and power-assisted tools, and production fixtures.
* Strong orientation towards safety, quality, cost, delivery, morale and continuous improvement.
* Understand the flow of production and adhere to operations visual management system and production process.
* High school curriculum or the equivalent through experience is preferred; additional vocational education may substitute for experience.
* At least 1 year experience in manufacturing or similar type of work environment.
* Good attendance is key to success
* The position requires basic understanding of assembly processes sufficient to organize, examine, and assemble equipment containing pieces of material (structure, fittings, brackets, bolts).
* Requires Basic knowledge in the usage of hand tools, hand held power tools, fabricating equipment, and portable air tools.
* Requires skill at resolving work station-related problems affecting equipment, production, or quality.
* Requires sufficient human relations skill to convey technical information to and maintain harmony with team members.
* Requires sufficient reasoning ability to understand detailed, yet repetitive, written and oral instructions, and solve straight forward problems.
* Requires the ability to perform arithmetic calculations, read and record detailed measurements, counts, distances, and times.
* Requires the ability to learn and understand safety, continuous quality, and just-in-time within reasonable period of time.
* Requires the ability to work as a member of a team and maintain harmonious work relationships with others.
* Requires the ability to observe safe work practices and handle hazardous materials according to accepted procedures.
* May require the ability to perform work assignments on varying schedules.
* Requires ambulatory ability to walk, stand, reach, stoop, bend, and crawl on a continuous basis; up to 10 hours a day.
* Requires the ability to lift, pull, push and guide medium weigh objects (20-40 pounds) on a continuous basis.
* Requires sufficient hand-arm-eye coordination to guide objects into specific placement or alignment, and make precise measurements.
* Requires visual acuity to observe moving objects and events, select, and place materials. Requires auditory ability to project voice in a production environment and hear instructions
Work is performed a manufacturing environment where significant safety considerations exist from use of dangerous equipment, proximity to moving objects, full-body physical labor and handling of medium-to-heavy weight materials. Required equipment for all operations includes but not limited to; steel toe shoes, hearing protection and safety glasses.
Location: US-WA North Bend-B30 HR
Job ID: 5279
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. Women@Terex provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It's an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Contact Person: Polly Terukina
Location: North Bend, WA 98045
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: DOQ