Employer: MTM Robotics
MTM Robotics is looking for a self-motivated and dependable individual to fill an opening for Automation Technician. MTM designs, manufactures, and installs automated assembly and control systems for research and industrial manufacturing applications in the aerospace industry. Our tools are used in the direct manufacture of large-scale aerospace structures. We have a dynamic, talented and collaborative engineering team and want those who are energized by contributing to solutions to solve our customer’s toughest problems.
The person in this position will be responsible for testing the implementation of industrial automation solutions locally, domestically and internationally at MTM and in customer locations. Job tasks including testing, installation, set up, start-up support, and training, while interacting with customers in a professional and supportive manner. The Automation Technician must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for technical issues to assure complete stakeholder and customer satisfaction through all stages of the automation deployment lifecycle.
The duties of the Automation Technician:
- Provide professional, consistent, calm, clear, and confident oral and written communication.
- Implement company automation products to customer’s applications, serving as a liaison with customers to discuss inquiries and resolve problems as needed.
- Analyze customer sites and provide product application and knowledge to customer.
- Perform start-up, installations, integration, troubleshooting and training services.
- Read mechanical and electrical blueprints and have a solid understanding of basic electrical mechanical control systems to effectively learn and run automation systems.
- Troubleshoot automated systems, using knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensors, feedback systems, or pneumatics.
- Disassemble and reassemble automation products or peripheral equipment to make repairs such as replacement of defective circuit boards, sensors, controllers, encoders, and motors.
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance on systems or components.
- Maintain service records or documentation of equipment or systems.
- Follow all safety and security requirements provided by MTM, its partners, and future/current customers.
- Travel Frequency: Approximately 50% of time at the MTM facility in Mukilteo, WA and 50% time at customers sites including but not limited to France, Germany, China, Atlanta, GA, Salt Lake City, UT, in short notice if situation requires it.
- Travel Duration: Most frequently ranges from 1 day to 3 weeks per trip. Travel lasting longer requested as customer needs require.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Technical Associates Degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years mechanical or electrical repair experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 and10, Outlook, and the Office suite.
- Self-managing but also works well under general supervision.
- A dependable, motivated, results and detail-oriented individual who can independently assess, identify, plan and resolve issues before and after they arise.
- Shows persistence and adaptability when working in high pressure situations, during tight deadlines, and in front of customer.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Basic machine shop skills including use of power tools such as saws, sanders and drills,
- Ability to pass in-depth customer security screening in-order to gain access to customer sites.
- Current passport maintained to ensure not within 6 months of expiration.
- Customer service experience.
- Experience in SolidWorks to open and view engineering files as needed.
- Robotics or Industrial Automation background.
- A basic understanding of connecting to devices such as http, ftp, and ssh as well as an understanding of concepts such as IP Conflicts, network bandwidth, and EMI.
- Basic proficiency with French, German, and/or Mandarin.
- Experienced in advanced mechanical assemblies, sensor technology, pneumatics, setups and adjustments.
- Knowledgeable in computing systems and control system - hardware including instrumentation.
Job Type: Full-time
Mechanical or Electrical Repair: 2 years (Required)
Mukilteo, WA (Required)
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ