Employer: Accurus Aerospace
About Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC:
Accurus Aerospace Kent LLC was founded in 1977 in Kent, WA. Over the past three decades, Accurus has evolved into a preferred supplier of sheet metal fabricated parts, high-precision machined parts, kits, and bench top assemblies to the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
Located in a 47,000 square foot facility only 15 minutes from the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Accurus is a center of Aerospace excellence and one-stop source for high speed precision machining, fabrication, and assembly:
- Sheet Metal Fabrication (punching, shearing, blanking, joggling, forming)
- High Speed Machined Parts (up to 36”)
- Bench Top Assemblies (drilling close tolerance holes, installing fasteners & rivets, sealant and adhesive application)
CNC machinists work with computer numeric controlled (CNC) heavy machinery to setup materials and proper cutting tools, operation of machinery, and produce parts and tools from metal, plastic and a variety of materials meeting program designated shapes, cuts, and other requirements. A general machinist is a skilled craftsperson who sets up and operates precision metal cutting machines such as lathes, and Mills both CNC and Manual types.
- Works from programming instructions, operational data, and machine setup instructions, material clamping methods for operations such as bore, mill, drill, face, thread, profiling and contouring.
- Able to read, review, and interpret CNC program blueprints and drawings for the specific requirements and specifications used to cut out pieces required for specific use within the program and quality limits and specifications.
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly workplace.
- Checks parts for conformance to specifications and records SPC (Statistical Process Control) data. May run more than one unit simultaneously.
- Performs highly complex CNC machining operations on a diversified line of work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring a high degree of skill.
- Performs advanced setup operations.
- May set up machines for and instruct other operators.
- Requires a broad knowledge of machining techniques and CNC machine tool operating procedures.
- Experience working with Machines and Machining Cell Systems both horizontal and vertical in variations of 3-axis , 4-axis, and 5-axis types.
- Basic Math skills
- Three to seven years experience either in a production or job shop environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret basic blueprints/engineering drawings and work order instructions.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to take verbal and written instructions.
- Attention to detail -Hard worker - Good attitude
- Aerospace experience is preferred
Include standing for long periods of time, reaching, lifting and bending. Working with machine tooling equipment also comes with certain safety hazards. Machinists must be able to follow equipment safety rules and use safe work practices to control these hazards. Some requirements include wearing the correct personal protective equipment, including safety glasses and earplugs, due to flying material bits and machine noise.
Manufacturing environment; may be exposed to loud noises, machinery with moving parts
We appreciate your interest in Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC via email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC
Please note Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC only accepts applications submitted via our online recruiting system. Individuals with disabilities who are unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at 253-872-8541 X 114. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as a result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes.
All job offers are contigent upon successfully completing and passing a medical physical exam, drug screen, and criminal background screening. Certain positions may require a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) or a credit report.
Thank you for considering Accurus Aerospace Kent, LLC for your next career opportunity.
Location: Kent, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ