Employer: Yakima Chief Hops
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Classification: Non-exempt, Hourly
Reports to: Yakima Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Yakima Pellet Plant
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent, preferred but not required.
- Possess skills in electrical, welding, mechanical and refrigeration.
- Must be strongly detail oriented and be able to easily multi-task.
- Must have a positive attitude, support team to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Should be able to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, supervisor and management.
- Written skills are necessary to properly fill out paperwork.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.
- Follow written (Standard Operating Procedures -SOP’s, company memos & emails) and verbal Instructions.
- Minimum of six months related experience with demonstrated aptitude to learn on-the-job.
- Familiarity with plant equipment operation and SOPs.
- Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values and environmental policy and quality policy.
- Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time and access stairs and ladders.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat occasionally to frequently.
- Ability to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (in required areas) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift (up to 50 lbs), carry (up to 44 lbs) occasionally to frequently within normal limits.
- Ability to adapt to changing paces and processes quickly.
- Must be able to learn ERP systems to perform data entry & print reports.
- Attentive to the task and own surroundings.
- Preferably able to speak Spanish.
Job Summary: The purpose of this position is to maintain and repair all equipment and facilities.
- Maintain and repair pellet plant equipment:
- Perform routine maintenance on plumbing.
- Replace parts that are beyond repair.
- Minimum Required Tool List (approximate cost is $300):
- Screwdriver Set – assortment of slotted and Philips head
- Combination Wrenches – standard (1/4”-13/16”) and metric (8-18mm)
- Adjustable Wrenches – 4”, 6”, 10”
- Wire Cutters
- Slip Joint Pliers (3 sizes)
- Needle Nose Pliers
3/8” Ratchet and Socket Set – standard (1/4” – 13/16”) and metric (8-18mm)
- Hex Wrenches – standard (up to 3/8”) and metric (up to 10 mm)
- Deadblow Hammer
- Punch and Chisel
- Assist Project/Engineering team in implementing new improvements in the pellet plant as necessary. - Cross train with Mechanics from other facilities when possible.
- Ensure all safety guards are on machines and in working order.
- Confer with department supervision or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Continuously look for ways to improve process efficiency and notify immediate supervisor of observations and recommendations.
- Meet with department supervisor and team members to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Work in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing Principles in the Pellet Plant.
- Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
- Follow safety requirements.
- May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
- Ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
- Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
- Must adhere to all company policies.
- Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Follow all SOPs in a given area.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ