Employer: Astria Regional Medical Center
Under the direct supervision of the Admitting Supervisor, receives patients and visitors, answers the telephone, and performs limited admitting functions and data entry as directed. Also performs limited alphabetizing and filing.
1. Continuously promotes positive customer/patient relations.
2. Continuously assists patients with ambulatory difficulties.
3. Continuously answers phone, screens calls, takes messages and delivers to appropriate person.
4. Frequently maintains work area and lobby in a neat and orderly manner.
5. Continuously maintains harmonious relationship with staff providing support and assistance to ensure quality and quantity of work and care are achieved.
6. Performs other related work as required.
7. Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s Policies, Confidentiality, Privacy, and Corporate Compliance programs including Federal and State Laws.
8. Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s mission to deliver high quality and compassionate health care services to our patients, physicians and communities we serve, focusing on customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Ability to operate a computer, copy machine, and fax machine.
Ability to greet patients and answer the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction.
Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabet or numeric systems.
Basic knowledge of managed care companies, billing processes, and medical terminology.
Familiar with operation of various telephone systems with multiple incoming lines.
High School Diploma or GED Preferred.
Prefers a minimum of one to two years medical office receptionist (or greater) duties including skills and/or experience with multi-phone line system.
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ