Employer: Seattle Housing Authority
Plumber, Job #103536
Closing Date/Time: Open Until Filled
Starting Salary: $41.49 Hourly + Excellent Benefits
Regular Full-Time, FLSA Non-Exempt Position
The Seattle Housing Authority, a nationally recognized leader in developing and maintaining affordable, innovative housing communities, is accepting applications for 3 Plumbers with its Housing Operations team.
Under the supervision of a Plumbing Trades Supervisor or Maintenance Operations Supervisor
Maintenance and Repair of Plumbing Systems for the Authority.
Residential and Commercial
How water Tanks/Boilers.
E = Functions
- Install, replace, service and repair a variety of residential and commercial plumbing- hot water heaters, sinks, lavatories, toilets, urinals, connecting piping, traps, sewers, etc. E
- Answer Service Calls. E
- Accurately record material usage and complete maintenance work orders. E.
- Maintain and adequate supply of replacement parts. E
- Assist in programs of instructing residents in the care of plumbing systems. E.
- Install and repair lawn sprinkler systems. E.
- Perform Back Flow Assembly Testing (Must obtain a Washington State Back Flow License with in one (1) year of start date.) E
- Perform Fire Confidence Testing in accordance with the Seattle Fire Department (Must obtain a Washington State Fire - Confidence/Sprinkler Testing License within one (1) year of start date). E.
- Make and submit compliance documentation/reports as required. E.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals, work plans, performance measures, and continuous improvement of service delivery to assist in attaining the unit/program/department initiatives and goals, agency core strategies, and mission through a spirit of service, teamwork and respect. Work well with other employees, follow direction, and work well under pressure. E.
- Attend all required training and safety meetings; use, maintain and replace assigned personal protective equipment; report all injuries and illnesses to supervisor immediately; complete and submit incident/accident reports as required; report hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices to supervisor; and follow all safety and health guidelines, practices, policies and procedures. Actively support and participate in the Emergency Preparedness program and tasks. E.
- Perform work during off hours as necessitated by job or emergency calls.
High school education or GED as required by Union Apprenticeship Program.
Completion of a plumbing apprenticeship program or general training and experience as a maintenance plumber.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Hand tools, power tools, safety equipment and necessary equipment of the trade.
Must possess a valid Washington State Driver's license and fully insurable driving record.
Must possess and maintain a valid Washington State Plumber's license.
FLSA Non-Exempt position.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of current plumbing code.
2. Knowledge, skills, and abilities based on experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing fixtures, systems and apparatus.
3. Knowledge of pipe and thread sizes for plumbing mathematics and hydrodynamics.
1. Ability to lift and/or move plumbing fixtures, equipment and apparatus.
2. Ability to operate hand and power tools used in the trade.
3. Ability to communicate and work harmoniously and respectfully with staff, residents and the general public.
4. Ability to work from drawings and use rule, scale and tape.
5. Ability to read blueprints.
6. Ability to exercise sound judgment.
· Housing, construction, and community sites.
· Occupied units.
· Outdoor work in all types of weather.
· Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
· Seeing to read a variety of materials.
· Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment.
· Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
· Lifting and carrying materials/objects as assigned.
· Occasional work in unsanitary or infested units.
· High work from ladders, scaffolding and roof tops.
· Work where sewage is present or other unsanitary conditions.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: $41.49 HR