Employer: PACCAR Technical Center
Job Title: Diesel Mechanic - Fleet Coordinator
Full time positon to support engineering staff with all phases of heavy duty vehicle testing at the PACCAR Technical Center Vehicle Operations Lab.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Prepare heavy duty diesel engines and vehicles for testing, including replacing components and installing measurement instrumentation
• Work closely with engineering staff to assure engines and vehicles are performing as requested during testing
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair test engines and vehicles
• Maintain the highest level of professionalism, documentation, work area cleanliness and organization
• Perform duties safely, effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Flexibility, initiative and the willingness to respond to shifting time and project demands
• Document and maintain fleet information
• Maintain vehicle eLog compliance readiness
• 5 years relevant work experience to insure knowledge of engine and vehicle systems
• Proficient troubleshooting skills in engine and vehicle systems
• Welding and fabrication skills a plus
• Excellent mechanical aptitude
• PACCAR product line knowledge
• Familiarity with test track operations
• Current CDL a plus, ability to acquire a CDL required
• High attention to detail and excellent organization skills
• Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office software proficiency
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be self-directed with the ability to manage personal workload and alternate schedules
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment and creativity based on sound technical theory, to solve a wide range of challenges for which routine solutions are not available
Associate in Technical Arts degree in Diesel Power Technology or equivalent
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to this position please visit our career page at https://www.paccar.com/careers
We are located at:
PACCAR Technical Center
12479 Farm to Market Road
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Contact Person: Marika Kutsan
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Application Method: To apply to this position please visit our career page at https://www.paccar.com/careers Application
Base Pay: DOQ