Employer: PACCAR Technical Center
Job Title: Aftertreatment Controls Technician
Full-time Technician to support aftertreatment engineering staff with heavy duty vehicle testing at the Paccar Technical Center.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Manage and coordinate a small group of development vehicles
• Prepare heavy duty vehicles for testing, including replacing components and installing measurement tools and instrumentation
• Work closely with engineering staff to ensure engines and vehicles are performing as requested during testing
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair test vehicles and equipment
• Maintain the highest level of documentation, work area cleanliness and organization
• Perform duties safely and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Flexibility, initiative and the willingness to respond to shifting time and project demands
• Keep abreast of new technologies
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience with engine and vehicle systems
• Proficient troubleshooting skills in engine, after treatment, and vehicle systems
• Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment and creativity based on sound technical theory, to solve a wide range of challenges for which routine solutions are not available
• Applicants with a high attention to detail, very thorough, and are highly organized are sought after
• Excellent mechanical aptitude
• Welding and fabrication skills a plus
• Current CDL a plus, ability to acquire a CDL required
• Good computer skills – Microsoft Office software proficiency desired
• Good communication skills
• Must be self-directed with the ability to manage personal workload and alternate schedules
Associate in Technical Arts degree in Diesel Power Technology or equivalent
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to this position please visit our career page at https://www.paccar.com/careers
We are located at:
PACCAR Technical Center
12479 Farm to Market Road
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Contact Person: Marika Kutsan
Location: Mount Vernon, WA
Application Method: Application
Base Pay: DOQ