Employer: Western States Automation
Western States Automation is a manufacturer's representative with a custom valve automation center located in Boise, ID, and is celebrating 10 years of successful business. The position for a Technical Sales Account Manager in Eastern Washington, Central Oregon, and N. Idaho is currently open. The position is to promote control valves and process instruments to industrial customers in this territory.
Responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close, for assigned accounts and territory. Develop and implement agreed upon Marketing Plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding customer base in the marketing area. Work within sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, maximum profitability, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
Education and Experience:
• 2 yr technical degree or equivalent of combined education & experience.
• Two to five years of sales or marketing experience is desirable.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients resulting in market share growth.
• Sell consultatively to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business needs.
• Continually enhance technical selling skills and product knowledge to give effective presentations.
• Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
• Follow up on new leads and referrals.
• Maintain current and potential client relationships to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
• Identify and resolve client needs.
• Perform initial application troubleshooting. Work with company product specialist on all applications/issues beyond your legitimate scope of knowledge.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
• Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within assigned territory, including the use of ACT! customer database and Microsoft Outlook to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
• Participate in marketing events like trade shows, seminars, and telemarketing events.
• Work closely with Inside Sales to build positive customer relationships and close sales.
• Work requires daily travel to current and potential clients, including overnight travel, to effectively achieve goals.
• Perform any and all tasks given not specifically stated above.
• Must pass the pre-employment tests, drug test, & background check.
• Possess a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and self-managed.
• Maintain a professional appearance, providing a positive company image.
• Possess excellent oral & written communication skills.
• Able to carry on a business conversation with executives and decision makers.
• Able to persuade and convince others.
• Efficient computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
• Ability to learn new products and technology changes.
• Flexible & able to handle a heavy work load. Able to prioritize tasks to meet immediate demands.
• Willing to follow directions given by superiors (teachable).
• Has a stable personality with ability to handle negative customer responses in a positive way.
• Purposely applies ethical business practices to all areas of business.
Contact Person: Ted Hanson
Location: Tri-Cities Area
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: Negotiable