Employer: Puget Sound Energy
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with like-minded, top talented individuals like
you! With our rapidly growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting
and innovative future is now.
PSE's Gas Operations team is looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Gas Worker position!
Safety is the number one priority for Puget Sound Energy. This position requires participation in safety and tailgate meetings, performing safety inspections, identification and reporting of safety incidents and unsafe conditions, obtaining and maintaining required licenses an certifications and participation in emergency response drills.
This position holds responsibility for gas safety compliance with PSE's Gas Operating Standards and Gas Field Procedures when engaged in operating, maintaining, constructing PSE's natural gas system, customer equipment, and/or leased equipment. Construct, install, maintain, inspect and
operate gas piping systems consistent with standard practices and safety regulations. Work within the Incident Command Structure. Perform similar and incidental duties as required. Interact and communicate with co-workers, contractors, emergency personnel and the public. Participate in meetings and problem solving groups with coworkers and management. Documenting inspections and work activities. Should be readily available for call outs to respond to emergencies. Actively participate in a structured On the Job Training program. Achieve and maintain proficiency in current and new technologies.
• Assist journeymen
◦ Participate as a member of a crew to perform planned and unplanned work
• Perform meter maintenance and data gathering (AMR/AMI/Chart changing/ battery changing)
• When qualified by training, can perform maintenance activities including measuring pipe-tosoil
potentials, wrapping, painting as necessary.
• In addition to the above responsibilities, Gas Worker III and Gas Worker IV will also perform
the following tasks independently:
• Meter changes and associated equipment light-up on A425 and smaller meters at inches
delivery pressure for the following circumstances: Select Sample meter changes, Failed
Family meter changes and customer or field generated meter changes not related to billing
• Meter set turn-offs
• Locate and operate service valves
• Operate motor vehicles in a safe, professional, and courteous manner in accordance with Company Policy Manual requirements.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with others and respond to public inquiries or
• Must maintain necessary certifications and licenses, and have a working knowledge of all
Company standards, practices, policies, procedures, safety regulations, codes and State
regulations as they pertain to the job.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.
• This position may require the applicant to have and maintain a Commercial Driver's License
(CDL) including necessary endorsements and removal of air brake restriction.
• Must be able to comply with safety sensitive components of the DOT Pipeline Operator
Prior to performing all assignments of the position unobserved, the applicant must become fully
qualified in all Operator Qualification (OQ) tasks required for each level of the Gas Worker
classification as defined in PSE's Operator Qualification Plan and must remain current in all
Operator Qualifications required for the position.
• Gas Worker I: Coincides with the start of phase 1 of the structured On the Job Training
• Gas Worker II: Coincides with the completion of phase 1 of the structured On the Job Training
• Gas Worker III: Coincides with the completion of phase 2 of the structured On the Job
• Gas Worker IV: Coincides with the completion of phase 3 of the structured On the Job Training program
JOB CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The duties and responsibilities are performed indoors and in outdoor environments which include all
weather conditions, noise levels, hazardous conditions and the full range of work surfaces. The
position involves sitting, standing, walking, moderate to heavy lifting, moderate carrying, bending,
reaching, kneeling, twisting, balancing, climbing, and operation of equipment, tools, machinery,
donning supplied air respirators and computer operation. The use of protective clothing and/or
safety devices may be required. Requires driving of Company vehicle.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our
steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our award
winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an
expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee
assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential functions of the job. Should you have a
disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process,
please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Job Description Print Preview Page 2 of 2
Location: Washington State
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ