Employer: Industrial Ventilation Inc.
Responsible for the maintenance, repair, and installation of ventilation and refrigeration systems primarily designed for post-harvest vegetable storage. (Onion, Potato, Carrot, Sweet Potato)
Industrial Ventilation Inc. (IVI) is looking for technicians of all skill levels and ability. This is a unique opportunity to join a team united in pride and shared goals.
Industrial Ventilation, Inc. (IVI) is the industry leader in state-of-the-art technology for vegetable storage and protection. We specialize in post-harvest, vegetable storage systems for complete protection of potatoes, onions, and sweet potatoes, as well as other root crops.
Join IVI and set yourself on a career path, many of our employees have been with us 20+ years. We are looking for employees who want to learn, contribute, and make a difference. Your ability to expand your skills and build your value are real here. We offer an environment that provides opportunity on a career path all your own. Our team members start out with a skill set that typically leads them to a broader level of expertise than they imagined. Why? We offer on-the-job training, with opportunities to troubleshoot and collaborate with your fellow employees. Ideas that advance our offerings, from service to technology are always considered here and forward thinking always encouraged.
Individuals with differing skills can be part of a successful team at IVI. So, if you’re an Electrician, HVAC-R Technician, or you have experience with automated controls and programming, please check us out at
IVI is headquartered in Nampa, Idaho and in addition to our Northwest offices we also have a dealer network that spans the globe.
We have offices in: Nampa, Idaho - Heyburn, Idaho - Idaho Falls, Idaho - Pasco, Washington
Monte Vista, Colorado - Klamath Falls, Oregon - Fargo, North Dakota
We currently have positions available in Nampa, Idaho Falls, and Pasco.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Provide technical support for all departments including sales, engineering, and production.
• Provide technical support to customers via phone, computer, or on site.
• Work as part of a team to install new equipment (ventilation, refrigeration, controls)
• Troubleshoot and repair refrigeration and ventilation equipment such as compressors, fan motors, variable speed drives and computerized control panels.
• Prepare service sheets for billing and/or warranty.
• Perform start-up and commissioning of new installations.
• Provide input for quality control and improvement of products manufactured or sold.
• Under minimum supervision, travel to projects locally or out of town to complete all duties.
• Must follow company safety policies and use proper PPE
• Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
• Ability to utilize a personal computer.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Knowledge of electrical wiring and troubleshooting preferred.
• Knowledge of HVAC, commercial or industrial refrigeration systems preferred.
• Basic networking skills such as setting up wireless radios and routers preferred.
• Strong customer service skills, you will be communicating directly with customers.
• Ability to meet company driving requirements for insurance purposes.
• Valid driver’s license. (Non-CDL)
• DOT medical card or ability to pass DOT medical card physical
• Able to operate fork lifts and other job site equipment as needed.
• Ability to read and understand electrical diagrams.
• Ability to read and understand building drawings.
• Must have or be able to obtain an EPA approved certification card (for the purpose of handling refrigerant)
If you like working outdoors and you enjoy the feeling of driving through rural America, you will enjoy working with us. We spend much of our time outdoors in the sun, shade, rain, and snow. We get plenty of fresh air and we rarely feel confined by an office or desk.
Occasionally our work takes us out of town and out of country. This is a great opportunity to travel and see many sights of our great nation and beyond. This is also an opportunity to earn a living above and beyond what a standard work week can provide.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time, use hands to operate equipment (i.e. hand tools, power tools, computer, keyboard and cell phone, talk and hear).
• The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms above shoulder height to access equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of accessing equipment in need of repair).
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Ability to climb up and down ladders as needed
• Must be able to work extended hours, (12) hour days as needed especially during peak seasons.
• Able to travel, drive, or fly for long periods of time.
DOE and Location
Sick and Life Events Leaves
401k Paid Vacation and Holidays
Medical Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Child Care)
Dental Short and Long Term Disability
Contact Person: Kasey Calahan
Location: Pacific Northwest
Application Method: Please send cover letter and resume to: KaseyC@ivi.us.com
Base Pay: DOQ