Employer: Pacific Power Group
Pacific Power Group is a diverse and established Pacific NW company with product sales, service, and parts operations supporting global OEMs. PPG has facilities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Hawaii, Arizona and Oklahoma, and is primarily engaged as a marine propulsion/power, construction & industrial engines and power generation full-service distributor.
Pacific Power Group is looking for an apprentice level Power Generation Technician to join the team in Auburn, WA!! This is an exciting opportunity to work with a talented and dynamic team.
Pacific Power Group offers a competitive total compensation plan which includes a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account participation, Paid Time Off (“PTO”), as well as company-paid holidays.
What you will do:
• Work in a safe manner, following company safety policies, on-site customer safety polices and regulatory policies.
• Perform field inspections of generators. Determine generator condition by conducting inspections & diagnostic tests.
• Identify and repair problems with electrical and mechanical systems. Perform load bank test.
• Complete tune-ups and/or the repairs identified during the diagnostic process.
• Troubleshoot & repair AC and DC controls and equipment such as engine controllers, Automatic Voltage Regulators, battery chargers, block heaters, automatic transfer switches and switchgear.
• Troubleshoot & repair diesel and gaseous engines.
• Conduct up-fit modifications to new power generation equipment.
• Accurately document services performed and actions required.
What we need from you:
• Basic knowledge of AC systems up to 600 VAC understand electrical fundamentals and safe work practices
• Basic knowledge of DC systems fundamentals and work practices
• Knowledge of generators, diesel and gaseous engines, controls, and systems.
• Understand basic operation of transfer switches and switch gear.
• Ability to understand wiring diagrams, motors, transformers
• Ability to use diagnostic software to identify and repair deficiencies.
• Ability to work safely around electrical components.
• Ability to complete jobs assigned with little to no supervision.
• Excellent customer service skills which includes both verbal and written communications.
• Ability and desire to participate in educational opportunities/training and reading technical and regulation publications.
• Basic computer skills (MS Office, emails, typing, etc.)
L07 or 01 licensed electricians with a desire to learn and work in this industry are encourage to apply.
Location: Auburn, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ