Employer: Westing House Electric Company
Industrial Maintenance Electrician
• Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for an Electrician at our Ogden, Utah manufacturing site.Construct, maintain, repair, troubleshoot and install electrical equipment, systems and components including motors, process pumps and controls, programmable logic controls, building construction and handling equipment.
• Electrical testing instruments, hand tools, (manual and power), tube benders, splicing equipment, wire pulling equipment and miscellaneous hand tools.
• Wire, contactors, switches, motors, breakers, fuses and miscellaneous electrical hardware. Process equipment and chemicals.
• May periodically direct lower classified crafts persons
The following are the usual major job duties but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties by the incumbent, nor the question being raised on the proper rate of pay for the assignment.
• Receive oral and/or written instructions from supervisor.
• Maintain, test and repair electrical circuitry and electrical equipment as required to assure electrical compatibility and safety of components.
• Maintain, repair and install building electrical systems per National Electrical Code requirements.
• Check and maintain electrical apparatus, equipment, facilities, and/or systems as directed, or as dictated by the preventative maintenance program. Maintain preventative maintenance records.
• Measure, cut and bend wire and conduit using various hand tools.
• Repair and/or replace switches, fuses, controls, and other electrical hardware as required.
• Notify supervisor of any irregularities, malfunctions or failures as required by established procedures.
• Troubleshoot equipment and replace or repair defective components.
• Provide assistance to other maintenance technicians or engineers as required.
• Coordinate area activities with central maintenance shop.
• Train other crafts persons as assigned.
• Observe all safety rules.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area and return all tools, unused materials and written references to designated locations.
• 14. Abide by all rules and regulations covered by the Westinghouse Code of Business Ethics.
Who You Are:As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
• Five (5) years electrical craft experience preferred, three (3) of which should be in industrial electrical maintenance, preferred.
• Diploma or applicable education from a trade or technical school in industrial electrical maintenance may qualify for part of experience requirement.
Location: Ogden, UT
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ