Employer: Alaskan Copper Works
Job Title:Shipping/Receiving Assistant (Production Metalworker X)
Pay Rate: DOE
Hours of Work: Day shift
2958 6th Avenue So, Seattle, WA 98134
After 30 days, required to become a dues paying or financial core member of Sheetmetal Workers Local Union No. 66.
Will read and pack orders, crate or skid for shipment, complete documentation, and load trucks. Will use lift trucks, pendant operated overhead crane, pneumatic nailers and strapping machines to accomplish most tasks.
Requirements to be considered for position:
1. Application must be filled out completely by the Applicant.
2. Meet all of the Required Essential Job Skills/Experience.
3. Must be able to work any shift.
4. Work overtime when required.
5. Willing to comply with company rules and policies.
6. Pass pre-employment drug screen.
Required Essential Job Skills/Experience:
1. Must be detailed oriented.
2. Accurately use tape measure, accurate to 1/16".
3. Able to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally.
4. Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
5. Acceptable basic math skills.
6. Must have neat, legible hand writing.
7. Must have experience driving a forklift.
Required Essential Job Functions/Duties:
1. Will stock items such as pipe fittings, pipe, tube, in copper nickle and stainless steel.
2. Match stencils on items with paperwork.
3. May be pulling parts for intra-shop or customer orders.
4. May check in received items, verifying paperwork is correct.
5. Clean up shops and yards as needed.
6. Load and unload trucks.
7. Other duties as required.
Desirable Job Skills/Experience
1. Shipping/receiving experience.
2. Experience in carpentry.
Non-Essential Job Skills/Experience:
1. Able to climb stairs and ladders.
1. Forklift truck operation.
2. Overhead crane operation.
3. Power hand tool operation.
4. Micrometer measurement.
5. Safety procedures.
This work is defined in the medium strength factor of physical demands, but may require handling of items in the heavy category. This work requires continual handling of various weights throughout the course of the day as inventory and work order requests vary. Standing and walking are the inherent features of this work when retrieving orders. Some intermittent sitting may occur when operating the forklift.
This position requires the following in an 8-hour workday:
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Job applications may be filled out in person or online at www.alaskancopper.com and sent via fax or scanned to email@example.com when completed.
Base Pay: DOQ