Employer: Alaskan Copper Works
Job Title: Associate Fabrication Metalworker/Fabrication Metalworker (Fitter)
Pay Rate: DOE
Hours of Work:
Day shift 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
3405 6th Avenue S., Seattle, WA 98134
After 30 days, required to become a dues paying or financial core member of Sheetmetal Workers Local Union No. 66.
Certain tools for their own use.
Job Summary: Fit and assemble tanks, heat exchangers and pipe spooling.
Requirements to be considered for position:
1. Application must be filled out completely by the Applicant.
2. Meet all of the Required Essential Job Skills/Experience.
3. Must be able to work any shift.
4. Work overtime when required.
5. Willing to comply with company rules and policies.
6. Pass pre-employment drug screen.
Required Essential Job Skills/Experience:
1. One to three years experience in pipe and plate fitting, preferably with stainless steel.
2. Must be able to read blueprints and stress specifications.
3. Must be able to operate shear, press brake, drills and grinders.
4. Accurately read tape measure to 1/16".
5. Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
6. Able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and up to 100 lbs. rarely.
Required Essential Job Functions/Duties:
1. Layout and prepare components for tanks, heat exchanger assemblies and pipe spooling.
2. Work off blueprints to fit up tanks, heat exchangers and pipe spooling.
3. Direct activities of Welders, Assistant Fabrication Metalworkers and Helpers who may be assisting.
4. When specified, hydrotest.
1. Mark and prepare units for shipping.
2. Clean and deburr.
Considered on an individual basis.
Location: Seattle, WA
Application Method: Job applications may be filled out in person or online at www.alaskancopper.com and sent via fax or scanned to email@example.com when completed.
Base Pay: DOQ