Employer: Astria Health
Under the general guidance of the HIM Manager, the document imaging clerk indexes medical records in an alphabetical system within Cerner.
1. Continuously indexes medical records in alphabetical order in the permanent record.
2. Indexes correspondence, lab sheets, x-ray reports, physical therapy reports, progress notes, and other miscellaneous materials in charts.
3. Continuously assigns medical records to MD for signature.
4. Monitors and corrects misfiles continuously.
5. Continuously maintains orderly working conditions and neat rows in the document area.
6. Photocopies material on an as needed basis.
7. Performs other related work as required.
8. Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s Policies, Confidentiality, Privacy, and Corporate Compliance programs including
Federal and State Laws.
9. Philosophy consistent with the Hospital’s mission to deliver high quality and compassionate health care services to our patients,
physicians and communities we serve, focusing on customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Continuous ability to operate various office equipment (computer, phone system, alpha pager, fax machine, copier, etc.).
Continuous ability to think and work independently.
Continuous ability to be detail orientated, very organized with ability to prioritize work.
High school level course in general office skills.
Requires one year of increasing responsible experience in Medical Records, Secretary, and or front office.
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ