Employer: Lamb Weston
The role of this position is support of supervision in managing and directing maintenance operations. Individuals must demonstrate effective and positive leadership skills. This position assists in administering company plans, policies, and procedures. This position is responsible for optimizing productivity and maintaining target quality and sanitation levels. Must have knowledge of plant safety, personal hygiene, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and assist in administering these policies. Accomplishes assigned repair and maintenance functions throughout the plant in an orderly and timely manner.
This position is responsible for start up, operation and shutdown of boiler and refrigeration equipment to assure its proper operation. Performs maintenance activities to maximize plant production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Maintains and promotes safe work practices at all times and assures that safe work practices are being followed in all work groups.
- Uses personal protective equipment to perform job safely
- Operator required to pass a pulmonary/fit test yearly. Due to the use of SCBA
- Ensures boiler and refrigeration system and related equipment are properly operated and maintained in an efficient manner.
- Typical activities will include troubleshooting, removal, installation, disassembly, repair, and assembly of boiler and refrigeration equipment.
- Performs routine checks and preventive maintenance established by the maintenance lead and maintenance team leader.
- Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions.
- May be required to perform emergency repairs with a minimum of supervision.
- Communicates boiler operations needs with production and maintenance departments, assuring safety requirements are met.
- Enforces and adheres to company and plant policies, work rules, and procedures.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Operates a forklift in a safe manner
- Performs other duties as assigned by team leader
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
Must be able to perform operational evaluation and practical calculations for:
- Refrigeration Fundamentals - Boiler Fundamentals
- Refrigeration Operations - Boiler Operations
- Compressors - Boiler Efficiency
- Condensers - Boiler Controls
- Evaporators - Pumps
- Refrigeration Controls - Piping Systems
- Lubrication Systems - Safety
- Must be able to demonstrate safe use and skilled application of tools commonly used in this plant in accordance with established practices and procedures.
- Must be able to recognize and name materials and supplies commonly used in this job.
- Ability to demonstrate safe use of hand tools.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime, and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Two year certificate from college or technical school; or six to eight months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Not to exceed 150 shifts.
After 2 years operator will be required to pass RETA CIRO certification coarse and maintain Certification every 3 years.
Contact Person: Marcie Stevenson
Location: Boardman Oregon - Boardman West Plant
Application Method: Email
Base Pay: 30.37