SBM is currently looking to hire a Calibration Tech to join their team at our Gilead Sciences location in Oceanside, CA! The Calibration Tech works well with co-workers and customers. Understand and follow explicit instructions, both oral and written. Give, receive or explain job-related data using basic communication skills. Requires good judgment in thought and/or decision-making. May need to explain work methods & instructions.
In this position, you will install, configure, calibrate and troubleshoot instrumentation in support of company process; work closely with the technical staff to ensure safe and reliable operation of process instrumentation and control systems. Provide general troubleshooting, power and instrumentation measurements in both lab and field installations.
· Working knowledge of process instrumentation (Temperature, Pressure, Humidity, Flow, pH, Conductivity, etc).
· Ability to understand and use P&ID diagrams, schematics, ladder logic charts, panel layouts and other engineering documentation.
· Experience troubleshooting sequence of operations and test procedures for instrumentation
· Lead the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and calibration of instrumentation and control systems that are used for equipment and environmental and cold storage monitoring.
· Support the laboratory equipment calibration program including:
· Maintenance and calibration scheduling and monitoring of instruments performance
· Management of external calibration vendor relationships
· Review accuracy of calibration certificates
· Establishes relationships and works effectively interdepartmentally and with relevant contractors/suppliers/customers.
· Associate Degree in Instrumentation
· Knowledge in cGMP
· More than 3+ years of experience in the regulated environment, Pharmaceutical preferred.
· Strong leadership skills
· Working knowledge of equipment and preventive maintenance programs required.
· Adherence to safe laboratory practices and sterile techniques required.
· Demonstrable attention to detail is crucial.
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office required.
· Experience working in a GMP, GLP, regulated laboratory environment preferred.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required; experience writing Standard Operating
Procedures and other technical reports strongly preferred.
· Knowledge of ISO17025 preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
This position is for the 1st shift - 7:00AM - 3:30PM, Monday - Friday.
Contact Person: Keeana Miller
Location: Oceanside, CA
Application Method: Resume
Base Pay: 28-32