Employer: Alliant Communications
The IT Field Technician is responsible for onsite/remote service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, including workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware and software.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Microsoft, and VMware.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN and Terminal Services.
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed on outages.
- Coordinate with dispatch and/or project departments.
- Call into (Check in with) dispatch or projects at the completion of each assignment.
- Submit/complete service solutions immediately after a service request has been completed. Submit/complete project solutions by 8:00 AM the following day.
- Participate in all phases of job development including specification, recommendations, walkthroughs, and customer training.
- Assist in maintaining stock levels on basic parts.
- Maintain a clean driving record as this position is required to drive a company vehicle to customer job sites.
- Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, Network+ or A+.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
-This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; bend; kneel; stoop; crouch; crawl; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus. Ability to lift up to 50lbs and must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. On-call (in a rotation) typically every 4-5 weeks from Monday at 8:00 a.m. to the following Monday at 8:00 a.m.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or Trade School.
- 2 years of IT experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- VoIP and traditional telecommunications experience a plus.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Relevant training certifications in industry topics.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Notice to Applicants
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminalrecord history will be conducted. Information from the background check willnot necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining theapplicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Alliant Communications is committed to maintaining a workenvironment that promotes the interests of employee safety, efficiency, healthand productivity and to provide a work environment that is free of drug andalcohol abuse.
Job Type: Full-time
relevant: 2 years (Required)
Drivers License (Required)
No Moving Violations in the Past::
2 years (Required)
Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Bi weekly or Twice monthly
Location: Yakima, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ