Employer: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Gas Operations is focused on ensuring the safe and reliable flow of natural gas to our customers.
Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E's gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
- This is an IBEW Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
- The Gas Technician is a journeyman position involved in the installation of all types of measurements and control equipment in PG&E's gas department. Duties include, but are not limited to, installing conduit, control piping, tubing, wiring, instruments, valves, and all related equipment. Position responsibilities include preparation, excavation, and fitting of under/above ground electric and gas lines.
- Work is predominantly outdoors and in all weather conditions. The individual must be able to drive safely, work extended hours, and wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment. This is a GC position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time; throughout the entire PG&E service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home. These positions may be in the following headquarters Bakersfield, Stockton, Willows, Topock , Oakland, and/or Hayward.
- May be subject to a provisional training plan by department.
- This is a DOT covered classification and subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.
• Uses hand tools and power tools to install, maintain and repair various types of gas and electrical equipment and devices.
• Supervises, monitors, and provides guidance to entry level Technicians, Gas Mechanics, Utility Workers, and Apprentice Gas Technicians at job site.
• Communicates verbally with crew members at start of shift to review daily work assignments, potential safety issues, and changes in work.
• Uses computer and hard-copy documents to receive and orient to job specific instructions, standards, job packages, and scope-of-project documents.
• Loads and unloads tools, materials and equipment to vehicle or storage areas.
• Attends daily tailboard meetings.
• Uses computer and hard-copy documents to record changes to job estimates, prints, and sketches.
• Conducts visual and mechanical inspections of equipment to troubleshoot and assure proper operation; operates testing equipment to test electronic and mechanical components.
• Drives company car, pick-up, or utility body truck to assigned worksites.
• Cleans and maintains test instruments, equipment, tools and protective equipment.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
• Must possess a valid California Driver's License.
• Ability to work in all types of weather extremes.
• Ability to drive in all weather and road conditions.
• Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time, throughout the entire PG&E service territory, with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds a minimum of one time a day.
• Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Internal PG&E Employees: Must have qualified on the Physical Test Battery (PTB), Industrial
• Skills Test (IST) prior to applying; must qualify on the Apprentice Gas Technician Test (AGT) prior to interviewing.
• External and Hiring Hall Candidates: Must qualify on the Physical Test Battery (PTB), the Industrial Skills Test (IST), and the Apprentice Gas Technician Test (AGT) prior to interviewing.
• Completion of an apprenticeship in the instrumentation, controls, or electrical field.
• Previous experience in construction such as Underground conduit installation
• Knowledge and Understanding with rigid conduit, bending, and installation practices
• 5 years of experience in the instrumentation, controls, and/or electrical field.
• State Industrial Journeyman Electrician Wiring License.
Apply online at: https://careers.pge.com
Contact Person: Vanessa Vera
Location: Northern CA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: 60.21