Are you passionate about and have experience with technical maintenance in an industrial setting? Do you have a desire to learn and share knowledge? If so, we would like to hear from you! Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for Maintenance Technicians at our Olympia, WA facility. This is a highly skilled hourly position that requires an individual who can troubleshoot and perform maintenance on manufacturing equipment and who has a thorough understanding of safe work practices.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshooting electrical, electronic and mechanical problems on plant equipment
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts and couplings
- Repairing and maintaining all equipment in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical schematics
- Reading and interpreting hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Completing mechanical and electrical preventative maintenance
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of work and/or technical training experience- as an electrical, instrumentation, or mechanical technician in a manufacturing or military environment
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience reading technical drawings, schematics, and manuals
Willing and able to provide personal hand tools and tool box
- Experience troubleshooting PLCs, control systems, and electrical circuits
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in the corrugated packaging industry
- Five (5) years or more years of experience in troubleshooting PLCs, control systems, electrical circuits as well as AC/DC motors and controllers.
- Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Location: Olympia, WA
Application Method: Online
Base Pay: DOQ